Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

61 - 68 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Anybody know what this code is? Google doesn't come up with very many results, it's possibly exhaust servo. I have the servo cable disconnected at the exhaust, but it's still plugged in.
Melcodiag also doesn't clear it.
Bike is a 2017 Monster 1200S with Slip-on and Rapid Bike Evo tuner.

Attachments

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #62 (Edited)
P1007 Exhaust valve [Calibration - Mechanical stop with valve closed exceed: cable over travel]
Servo motor cable sometimes needs tension. Re-connect the cable and see if it disappears.
You may require a servo eliminator gizmo if it also triggers a CE light on your display while the cable is disconnected.
Alternatively, some of the Multistrada guys have added a spring at the end of the disconnected cable to trick the servo detection.

·
Registered
3 Posts
P1007 Exhaust valve [Calibration - Mechanical stop with valve closed exceed: cable over travel]
Servo motor cable sometimes needs tension. Re-connect the cable and see if it disappears.
You may require a servo eliminator gizmo if it also triggers a CE light on your display while the cable is disconnected.
Alternatively, some of the Multistrada guys have added a spring at the end of the disconnected cable to trick the servo detection.
Thanks DarR. I just hooked it back up, hopefully it goes away on my next ride.
Weird, it's been unhooked for 6+ months without any errors. Took a while for the code to pop up.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey guys, newbie from New Zealand, have a 2015 monster 821 with 4,500km on the clock and the oil service light has come on, it was serviced at 1,000km so i want this light off. Have seen these diagnostic tools on amazon that claim they will do what this thread is discussing, my question is two-fold does anyone know what the ECU is on a 2015+ monster 821 and has anyone had luck in trying these? I dont think these do the Melcodiag which many discussions seem to be referring to. Thanks for your help in advance, Ducati's require more fussing over then Triumphs :)

[ame]https://www.amazon.com/moto-solutions-Diagnostic-Service-Ducati-GILERA/dp/B07S85FNV4/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=ducati+DIAGNOSTIC+KIT&qid=1576706783&sr=8-2[/ame]

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #65 (Edited)
... my question is two-fold does anyone know what the ECU is on a 2015+ monster 821 and has anyone had luck in trying these?
Your ECU is a Conti Synerject Easy-U1. I have not yet been successful in clearing the oil lamp warning with JPDiag's Melcodiag.
I'll let others chime in for the second part of your question but it's using the same software.
Thanks for posting that link. Very interesting.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yesterday, having just added fuel stabilizer to winterize my M1200R I started the engine to let the stuff go through the whole system.
Took a few attempts to keep it running as the Monster 1200's are cold blooded beasts. On one of those attempts, I got a error message and the engine light came on...Rats.
Oh, well, I'll have it reset in the spring.
BTW, -2c is way below the Ice Light warning which comes on around 4c.

Today, I decided to fool around with the DDA / ELM / USB cables I had purchased from www.lonelec.co.uk for the Panigale which I have never used.
Using the software that came with them I was able to reset the light....:grin
Who-da-known!

Diagnostic Interface for MelcoDiag TuneECU DDA
will it work on a 2018 monster 1200 to reset service light

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yesterday, having just added fuel stabilizer to winterize my M1200R I started the engine to let the stuff go through the whole system.
Took a few attempts to keep it running as the Monster 1200's are cold blooded beasts. On one of those attempts, I got a error message and the engine light came on...Rats.
Oh, well, I'll have it reset in the spring.
BTW, -2c is way below the Ice Light warning which comes on around 4c.

Today, I decided to fool around with the DDA / ELM / USB cables I had purchased from www.lonelec.co.uk for the Panigale which I have never used.
Using the software that came with them I was able to reset the light....:grin
Who-da-known!

Diagnostic Interface for MelcoDiag TuneECU DDA
will it work for a 2018 monster 1200

61 - 68 of 68 Posts