Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

41 - 60 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I tried to do same thing on 2018 Monster S and could not connect to the bike properly. I have all correct cables. Melcodiag replied to me and said that the ecu is not supported yet. Has anyone been able to do it with any other software?

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
I tried to do same thing on 2018 Monster S and could not connect to the bike properly. I have all correct cables. Melcodiag replied to me and said that the ecu is not supported yet. Has anyone been able to do it with any other software?
I was able to clear the CEL on a 2016 Monster 1200R with software that came with a blue-tooth ELM. However, the 2017+ has different electronics.
Unfortunately, I can't test anything as we're in snow mode right now. JPDiag will hopefully have it sorted-out by the spring.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Monster 1100 Evo 2012 Lonelec/ Jpdiag setup

Hi There DarR,

Perhaps you can point me in the right direction wrt the JPdiag download.

I have a 2012 Monster 1100 Evo, just purchased the Lonelec kit with 4 pin canbus adapter.

Problem is, I downloaded the Jpdiag file, opened the application, the first time it allowed Language selection, selected English and cable type selection.

When I subsequently open the application it defaults to French??? , I see your images were all in English??? Cant seem to select English???

Any advise greatly appreciated!

Regards
Kurt

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have a 2014 monster 1200. I just got the cables and my license for the melcodiag software. So far I can get it to connect with the bbs and dashboard ecu's but not the main. I was not able to reset the oil light. Any one have any success using this software on their monster? If so did you have to do anything special to get it to work. I was however able to clear the dts codes.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Hi Kurt,
Cant seem to select English
This may help.

On the menus across the top, select the '?' menu, then click on 'A propos' (about). You will then be given the choice of languages. It's in French so the one you want won't be called 'English', it'll be something like 'Anglais' or 'Inglese' or similar. Highlight that choice and then press 'OK'. Then you will have to choose from the pictures of the different cable connections. 'OK' your one, and you should then be good to go.
You may need to shut the program down and then open it back up again for the change to English to take place.
Every time you open the program up after this, it will automatically be in English.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I had some issues with the software myself as well. I had to play with it to get it to connect to everything properly in order to reset my engine light. It’s a little finicky.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Can anybody help me?

I am trying to help my friend out. He has a 2019 Ducati Monster 1200. I bought the cable kit from loneloc at the link below.

https://www.lonelec.co.uk/Motorbike-OBD-Diagnostic-Cables/Guzzidiag-Melcodiag-Ducatidiag-Hardware/Guzzidiag-Melcodiag-4pin-Interface-Cable

I also downloaded the MelcoDiag from JPDiag and got the bike registered. We are able to use most functions of the MelcoDiag but for some reason the reset oil light will not reset and turn off. Here is a video I took...am I doing anything wrong? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
I had a engine light yesterday. Bike went into limp mode. Nursed it home where Melcodiag cleared the errors.
I was practicing wheelies at the time.
I texted my Ducati tech last night where he couldn't explain those errors being attributable to that other than a Ducati software glitch.
Runs good now but I'll be following-up.
The Monster is currently at -700kms to oil change where I'll try to reset when it triggers the light.

Attachments

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #52 (Edited)
Although I can reset Engine light with the Melcodiag software, oil change count-down, No (or not yet).

For those of you with deep pockets, you can buy the Texa diagnostic unit which is used by Ducati and most other bike and car manufacturers.
It will diagnose, update, activate devices and reset everything. Approximately $2000
https://www.texausa.com/solutions/bike

·
Registered
204 Posts
Got my Lonelec cables in the mail yesterday. Downloaded MelcoDiag, and got my Monster and Multi to connect today. Waiting for licenses to be emailed to me.

Thanks for the help DarR!

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Your welcome.
I really like this topic and hoping to delve right into getting resets to work all-around.
Been in contact with JP and he's aware of it. IMHO, guy's like that with IT talents are priceless even if only for their efforts.

·
Registered
214 Posts
So, you don't have to be an official Ducati dealer to buy this?
Just willing to spend $2,000 on it?
Where is the $100 Harbor Freight version?
I am willing to spend that much, but not 2 grand.
I can ignore that oil service light just fine, and go by mileage.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #56 (Edited)
So, you don't have to be an official Ducati dealer to buy this?
Just willing to spend $2,000 on it?
Anyone can buy these. They are the same units your independent auto shop uses.
If you search online, the Texa diagnostic units are readily found through multiple sources.
Snap-on makes one as well but according to my mechanic, it's not as good.
In fact, the more I read about these, the more prevalent these diagnostic units are available.
Many in fact are price under $300 and claim to reset all the lights, service reminders and error codes.
Since most of us have a Ducati DDA to OBD2 cable, it may be worth giving these units a try.
They cover most brand of cars but are they motorcycle compatible?
That would be the next step in the journey.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Then I wonder why my Indy mechanic shop does not have one. They have been around a long time and do food work. But told me only a Ducati dealer could turn off the oil service light. Hmmm.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Does MelcoDiag support the Monster 696 Siemens ECUs yet? Last I checked a few months ago, they were still working on it.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Does MelcoDiag support the Monster 696 Siemens ECUs yet? Last I checked a few months ago, they were still working on it.
Just buy the cables and give it a shot.
Nothing much to lose. We're all experimenting here anyways.

41 - 60 of 68 Posts