Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday, having just added fuel stabilizer to winterize my M1200R I started the engine to let the stuff go through the whole system.
Took a few attempts to keep it running as the Monster 1200's are cold blooded beasts. On one of those attempts, I got a error message and the engine light came on...Rats.
Oh, well, I'll have it reset in the spring.
BTW, -2c is way below the Ice Light warning which comes on around 4c.

Today, I decided to fool around with the DDA / ELM / USB cables I had purchased from www.lonelec.co.uk for the Panigale which I have never used.
Using the software that came with them I was able to reset the light....:grin
Who-da-known!

https://www.lonelec.co.uk/Motorbike-OBD-Diagnostic-Cables/Guzzidiag-Melcodiag-Ducatidiag-Hardware/Guzzidiag-Melcodiag-4pin-Interface-Cable

·
Registered
313 Posts
Cool. What software did you use with the cable? Looks like a pretty cheap way to reset the light yourself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
313 Posts
Cool. What software did you use with the cable? Looks like a pretty cheap way to reset the light yourself.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The small disc that comes with the cables include a few software programs. ScanTool 1.13 is the one I used.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ah k. Gotcha.
After that, I toyed with JPDiag software which I got to connect. Once I receive a license from them, that package should do even more.
Resetting the Change OIL service light for one.

·
Registered
313 Posts
After that, I toyed with JPDiag software which I got to connect. Once I receive a license from them, that package should do even more.

Resetting the Change OIL service light for one.

Ohh wait. For some reason I thought you were originally referring to the oil light. Duh. How much is that license?

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's free. You just have to register your ECU by using the software. They will email a license thereafter to unlock all the features

·
Registered
313 Posts
Nice! Let me know what other features you are able to access once you get the license. Thanks.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nice! Let me know what other features you are able to access once you get the license. Thanks.
Just got the license. You can apparently reset quite a few things such as Diagnostic Troubleshooting Codes and various service interval reminders.

Attachments

·
Registered
533 Posts
It's free. You just have to register your ECU by using the software. They will email a license thereafter to unlock all the features
I guess you aren't willing to reset your oil change counter for us to see if it works, eh Den? :grin

If this works the way it appears that it will, this is a HUGE deal! [clap]

I spent $250 for an oil change, counter clear and a firmware check last time, BTW...:frown

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If this works the way it appears that it will, this is a HUGE deal! [clap]
I spent $250 for an oil change, counter clear and a firmware check last time, BTW...:frown
Absolutely B, I've been changing the oil in my Seadoos for years but there's no lights to reset.
Now that I can reset the lights on the Ducati's, I'll be changing the oil and filters myself.
Big savings here to be gained.

·
Registered
25 Posts
subscribing. I have a 2014 monster 1200s and a MTS 950 current.

If you can reset the warning lights then Ill consider purchasing the necessary equipment too.

:)

·
Premium Member
219 Posts
May I ask where you found jpdiag? I was looking for it myself but found a bunch of dead links online and a lot of people saying to use guzzidiag.
jpdiag seemed to have a much nicer format and no need to figure out which guzzi clone chipset you have in your ducati.

I too have the cables and drivers waiting. Looking forward to very carefully having a look in there :D

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
May I ask where you found jpdiag? I was looking for it myself but found a bunch of dead links online and a lot of people saying to use guzzidiag.
jpdiag seemed to have a much nicer format and no need to figure out which guzzi clone chipset you have in your ducati.

I too have the cables and drivers waiting. Looking forward to very carefully having a look in there :D
JPdiag has a few programs for different ECU's.
As per my previous post, the one you want is the MelcoDiag and can be downloaded here.
Just scroll down.
http://jpdiag.akress.com/

·
Premium Member
219 Posts
Many thanks.
When I looked a couple of months ago, all the links were dead and I feared they'd been somehow shut down.

I get an intermittent check engine light on my S2R that I'm pretty certain is a poorly erased O2 sensor, so I wanted to get in there to check.

JPdiag has a few programs for different ECU's.
As per my previous post, the one you want is the MelcoDiag and can be downloaded here.
Just scroll down.
http://jpdiag.akress.com/

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
@breaddrink
I wrongly assumed you had 1200 since we're on the 1200 section.
BTW, the SR is a great looking Monster. One of my favorites.
Do check your ECU model for the appropriate software just to make sure.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts