ain't a rent issue actually...

Tower Records to be liquidated; 3,000 are expected to lose jobs

By Randall Chase

The Associated Press

WILMINGTON, Del.

·
Premium Member
2,326 Posts
end of an era in greenwich village?? hmmm.. I thought that happened when K-mart was built on Astor Place. :'(

as far as Tower, good..bring back the small shops!!! [clap]
I never go to Tower, sorry. Maybe because they never have anything I'm lookin for.

My fav cd shop has been Generation Records for too many years to remember. [thumbsup] They have an awesome selection and cool kitty kats hanging around.

·
Premium Member
1,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Industrial_Grrrl said:
end of an era in greenwich village?? hmmm.. I thought that happened when K-mart was built on Astor Place. :'(

as far as Tower, good..bring back the small shops!!! [clap]
I never go to Tower, sorry. Maybe because they never have anything I'm lookin for.

My fav cd shop has been Generation Records for too many years to remember. [thumbsup] They have an awesome selection and cool kitty kats hanging around.
been going to generation records for many years (old school NYHC/ PUNK fan) ooh BTW..... CB'S CLOSED :'(

·
Premium Member
243 Posts
That Nice Guy Beck said:
(old school NYHC/ PUNK fan)
ooohh, me too. I heard about cb's...want the owner behind like 3 years or so in rent? all my favorite places shutdown...limelight, wetlands..etc. its getting kinda dry

·
Premium Member
1,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
opinion914 said:
ooohh, me too. I heard about cb's...want the owner behind like 3 years or so in rent? all my favorite places shutdown...limelight, wetlands..etc. its getting kinda dry
SICK OF IT ALL ! >:D >:D >:D
yea the wetlands, the grand! all closed.... I'm 29 when I was 15 I was a big NYHC fan

·
Premium Member
243 Posts
That Nice Guy Beck said:
SICK OF IT ALL !
i have the alleyway crew dragon tat'd on my leg. Some great times...warzone, agnostic, murphys law, h20, 25talife....etc. there are a few shows still, but not like it was. oh well, i guess that happens. i cant be doing windmills every weekend anymore anyway. (but i would)

·
Premium Member
1,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
opinion914 said:
i have the alleyway crew dragon tat'd on my leg. Some great times...warzone, agnostic, murphys law, h20, 25talife....etc. there are a few shows still, but not like it was. oh well, i guess that happens. i cant be doing windmills every weekend anymore anyway. (but i would)
HELL YEA... MAYBE WE'LL HIT A SHOW ONE DAY!

G

·
It's a shame how that area has changed so much. I remember hangin' out at those places when I was a freesytlin'-bmx'n teen with a fake ID ;D Over priced haircuts at Astor place, chillin' at Washington Square in the summer, Gray's Papaya at some ungodly hour, etc..

·
Premium Member
2,060 Posts
eRacer777 said:
It's a shame how that area has changed so much.
NYC born and raised and I'm still here. It ain't like it used to be. Nice nad safe Disneyworld for sure.

Aahh CB's. I was 13 when I started going to the Sunday Matinee's.

·
Premium Member
2,326 Posts
lifes_an_ocean said:
People still buy CDs?
for mainstream crap, no. But 99% of the bands I listen to aren't commercial top40 and aren't played on the radio. SO if I don't support the bands I like by buying their products and coming to see their shows when they come into town, they won't survive, and then I won't be happy if I don't have something new to listen to. Simple as that. ;)

·
Premium Member
1,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
eRacer777 said:
It's a shame how that area has changed so much. I remember hangin' out at those places when I was a freesytlin'-bmx'n teen with a fake ID ;D Over priced haircuts at Astor place, chillin' at Washington Square in the summer, Gray's Papaya at some ungodly hour, etc..
haircutts at astor were always cheap!

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
Hey,
Change isn't always a good thing... nor is progress left unchecked... or unconsidered... CB's may have had to close... and if Gasha (?) had been above board maybe limelight and tunnel wouldn't have gone down... I lived in all those clubs for years... The Scrap Bar on McDougal... worked there... progress... change... lost jobs and people pushed out to be "retrained" or is it left behind as obselete. Do we or do we not have some responsibility to think about the choices we make and the "progress" that we foster...

Ehhhh anyway... as has been said before... its just my lousy .02 cents.

;D

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
Yeah... I never could get his last name quite right... likely could have googled it but at that hour it wasen't as important as the general idea... yeah, agreed... he had a penchant for some stuff that made living life difficult.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts