Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay I have an older monster w/o the immobilizer (sp?)
Can someone explain what is tied up in all that?
Like if your tach goes bad, what happens? Relay goes south?
What is and isn't attached to this seemingly evil device?
I've heard funny stuff, I suppose someone will figure a way around it?

TIA

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The entire instrument cluster is tied into the immobilizer system. It will bypass the CPU if the correct key is not inserted.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You get 3 keys, a master and 2 regular keys, if any part of system is replaced(dash, ecu, etc) you have to reprogram system to keys, you must have 3 keys, there is a secret sequnice the keys must be inserted to reprogram. It is an ignorant device that will stop not 1 theif from steeling and parting out your bike, there is no way around it until the aftermarket comes up with alot of expensive parts. This devise will only cause big headaches for honest owners! ???

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah well that's what it seemed like to me and why I am curious.
So if your relay goes bad and you pull it to swap, it goes into engine block mode? but you can use the code to get out of that mode and back on the road, is that correct?

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I didn't even get an insurance discount because it doesn't make an "audible sound." Maybe if I can connect it to the horn somehow it will be useful...

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Okay I read enough to understand you can if having a starter relay going bad, pull and swap no problemo, I am kinda slow...duh.... :p

Would be funny though if there was an alarm as I am sure other ducs would be happy to set it off. 8)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts