Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just removed the charcoal emissions can from my S2R. Plugged the throttle bodies with some ~6mm M5 socket head hex bolts (with RTV by the head and Loctite on the end of the thread -- belt and suspenders...and duct tape), and luckily have no issues with my idle (it's the same as before).

However, for the time being I only took the canister off of its bracket, and left the bracket on the bike. Why? Well, the bracket is attached to bike via two crankcase screws, and I don't want to go unscrewing crankcase screws without knowing the proper torque to screw them back in at. Could someone with a service manual for an S2R check those torque figures for me? Since anyone answering this question either has an S2R or its service manual, I won't explain exactly which 2 bolts I am referring to -- it's easier seen than explained.

I'm guessing I'm also going to have to squeeze a couple of washers in there too.

Thanks in advance for the help. And ride safe.

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
just remove them, it's no big deal as the case cover's on there pretty good, even without any bolts on there at all. you can take those 2 off without any concerns

torque's very light, I don't have my books on me here at work, but I just go as tight as i can by hand and even then, it's probably a little too much.

·
Registered
505 Posts
As I recall those nuts dont actually go through the cover and into the case (are they different colored). But if you are that worried and have a torque wrench, throw it on the nuts and either measure when the nut begins to tighten or loosen. You'll be +/- a few ft/lb but close enough.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.