Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
613 Posts
I've done similar, not when the wife was ridin with me though. damn near messed the shorts a couple times though.

All my past bikes have been the kind where you could brake as hard as you want and not worry about locking the front. I've afraid on the Monster though, in an emergence situation, I'd end up going over, damn brakes are just too good.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Just stumbled in this thread ... Glad you shared the story. It serves as a reminder to all who ride .... Stay alert while riding, never be complacent with your riding skills and expect the unexpected. Glad you were composed, it may have save you some real hurting!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Riding in heavy traffic on the interstate scares the **** out of me. People don't give you space and if you try to keep any extra then some jerk will push into the gap I'm glad to hear you got through with only a story to tell. Keep those instincts sharp, avoid Volvo's and Mini vans and look for escape routes.

On another note. If there is one good reason alone for having a track day it is to sharpen braking skills.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts