·
Registered
4,309 Posts
Hey, I already tuned katie's car up.

The worst spark plugs I've ever seen.

·
Premium Member
3,338 Posts
my uncle thinks you have a sleeping problem. Apparently, twice now he has gotten up early and you were awake while everyone else was asleep. hehe

·
Registered
4,309 Posts
toolfan said:
Hey, I already tuned katie's car up.

The worst spark plugs I've ever seen.
You were right Jacob. We were going to go grocery shopping when the cabby died. And it took me all fooking day to replace those brake lines I fudged up earlier, so the bimmer is only a little bit closer to road worthy.

·
Registered
3,991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
toolfan said:
You were right Jacob. We were going to go grocery shopping when the cabby died. And it took me all fooking day to replace those brake lines I fudged up earlier, so the bimmer is only a little bit closer to road worthy.
dewd, that sucks

It's the damn Veewee curse

PM kills them

·
Registered
4,309 Posts
Mother said:
dewd, that sucks

It's the d**n Veewee curse

PM kills them
Yeah. stupid pm. It did get like 18% better gas mileage going to seattle and back.

Now we're trying to figure out how to get it to the repair shop. Dolly or strap, that is the question.

·
Registered
3,991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
toolfan said:
Yeah. stupid pm. It did get like 18% better gas mileage going to seattle and back.

Now we're trying to figure out how to get it to the repair shop. Dolly or strap, that is the question.
what broke?

·
Registered
4,309 Posts
Mother said:
what broke?
not sure. I'm guessing low pressure fuel pump. Feels fuel pumpish, but i can hear the high pressure one.

symptoms - got 6 blocks away, turned down lombard, and every shift caused a lurch. Stopped at the light and she died, wouldn't really fire back up. Filled it with gas, then made it another 2 or three blocks before I couldn't really coax it any more.

I think we might try towing it with a strap out of the hood, then when we get it on lombard heading east we might try a higher speed push start with the truck doing the pushing... I think it may feed enough fuel to run w/ a little inertia help. Then I'll just pray for the lights to cooperate and try to keep it in 3rd the whole way.

·
Premium Member
3,338 Posts
Where are you trying to get it too? Gerbrok (spelling) is next too Beaterville and they work on VWs. Not sure if they are costly, or not.

·
Registered
4,309 Posts
I've seen that place, but forgot about it. There's a place on 82nd and Glisan called Han's Foreign Automotive that can get to it tomorrow, so that's were we're going.

·
Premium Member
3,338 Posts
There is also a place on the way to St. Johns that specialize in VWs, I forgot about it, its where I was going to take my older jetta before I bought my new one. Its a lot closer then 82nd.

·
Registered
4,309 Posts
Visolara said:
There is also a place on the way to St. Johns that specialize in VWs, I forgot about it, its where I was going to take my older jetta before I bought my new one. Its a lot closer then 82nd.
Oh yeah - I know where that place is... well, we're taking it out to 82nd because they can get to it tomorrow, and we can't really call anyone else tonight.

They DR performed better than me on the way home tonight - it wasn't even fazed to discover that skyline was flooded over at one point. I, one the other hand, was perturbed by the amount of water in my boot.

·
Premium Member
3,338 Posts
my commute sucked and I only have to go like 3 miles. :) Lots of standing water.

·
Registered
4,309 Posts
Yeah, I saw a big ole puddle right in front of your work.

My first estimate of water depth on skyline was 12", but after I thought about it, I changed my mind to 6", then I thought about it some more and decided it was probably 3-4" max. But it was crazy. Water shot up at my feet really fast, and I stuck my feet off to the sides, but my right boot got a big shot and it's not so waterproof anymore...

·
Registered
4,309 Posts
So, the fukkin thing started up on my third try, and I was able to drive it the whole way over to 70th and Glisan....

Kinda wishin a couple things - wishin the bimmer was on the road, wishin the cabby was owned by someone else and wishin the truck ran better. (The truck is so much more comfy when its wet out then the cabby, which is wet in when it's wet out.)

1 - 20 of 42 Posts