Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to get rid of the exhaust flapper but do not want to use the off road exhaust kit. Do y'all think one could use the ECU from the racing exhaust kit, an ECU that is obviously programmed without a valve, and then I could use slip-ons, the high flow air filter, and mod the stock exhaust to eliminate the valve. I know the off road ECU is calibrated for a better flowing exhaust. What do y'all think?

·
Registered
241 Posts
Nope, the race ECU still looks for the exhaust servo. I have just ordered an exhaust eliminator from motocreations that allows removal of the factory servo motor and sends the appropriate signal to the ECU, stock or otherwise. Was $120.00 and will allow me to cut up the seat pan for some more room and comfort.

I just got a carbon Termi set up for mine and it was just over $1100 for the cans, ECU, and filter. I think you will be surprised at the cost of the ECU assuming it is available separately, and then you would be missing out on the incredible sound from the new tips. Bang for your buck, I think this is the way to go.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope, the race ECU still looks for the exhaust servo. I have just ordered an exhaust eliminator from motocreations that allows removal of the factory servo motor and sends the appropriate signal to the ECU, stock or otherwise. Was $120.00 and will allow me to cut up the seat pan for some more room and comfort.

I just got a carbon Termi set up for mine and it was just over $1100 for the cans, ECU, and filter. I think you will be surprised at the cost of the ECU assuming it is available separately, and then you would be missing out on the incredible sound from the new tips. Bang for your buck, I think this is the way to go.
Thanks for the info, that's what I'll do then. Termi Ti cans, that motocreations deal and cut out that valve.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Carbon slipons, ECU and filter for $1100? Where did you get this deal from? Exactly what is the flapper for?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Carbon slipons, ECU and filter for $1100? Where did you get this deal from? Exactly what is the flapper for?
The flapper is too pass the Euro and US EPA noise test, can't answer to his price. Now that I have this info I'm going with TwoBrothers cans and the future WASP kit.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Okay, thanks Maj. By the way another serviceman here! :)

·
Registered
221 Posts
hang on

the only termi system that eliminates the valve is the FULL system and the ECU no longer looks for the valve so you don't need the Duc.EE,

All the other termi kits for the 1100 keep the valve. you will need a new midpipe to eliminate the valve and the Duc.EE to fool the ECU that it's still there.

The midpipe to use... if you can find one... a 696. it bolts right up.

the termi ecu gives you the new map and extra revs as well as the freeflow air filter

if you dont want this, you can get any slipons with the 696 midpipe, Duc.EE and get the great sound.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I got very lucky and found a set-up on E-Bay that nobody else bid on! Wasn't in my immediate plan but the price was great. As far as the valve goes after talking to Motocreations I decided just to leave it in place. The EE corrects the signal and the valve defaults to the open position. Not having taken it apart I can't say how much restriction is involved in the open position, but doubt it would make any seat of the pants change to performance. If I run across a 696 midpipe I will think about it. Anyone have one for sale???

The biggest advantage was being able to alter the seat. Far and away the best mod so far and I wish I would not have bothered with the comfort seat and went this way from the beginning. A few more bucks than the Comfort seat but I have a much more comfortable bike and what I think is a great looking custom seat.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I got very lucky and found a set-up on E-Bay that nobody else bid on! Wasn't in my immediate plan but the price was great. As far as the valve goes after talking to Motocreations I decided just to leave it in place. The EE corrects the signal and the valve defaults to the open position. Not having taken it apart I can't say how much restriction is involved in the open position, but doubt it would make any seat of the pants change to performance. If I run across a 696 midpipe I will think about it. Anyone have one for sale???

The biggest advantage was being able to alter the seat. Far and away the best mod so far and I wish I would not have bothered with the comfort seat and went this way from the beginning. A few more bucks than the Comfort seat but I have a much more comfortable bike and what I think is a great looking custom seat.
So what exactly did you buy off ebay and what did you do with it, and how did you modify your seat? Can you provide some pictures?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts