Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took to the official ducati service my Monster 620S ie Y02 for a crash repair and also for 40000km service (oil, filters, sparks etc.).
The crash was in the front system (forks, grips) and repaired,
but my mechanic found a new electrical problem. My electronic control unit failed, possible reason: unknown or ......**** happens
Symptoms: The "N" led lights up even if the key is in the OFF position. Instrument panel goes crazy, the immobilizer led is on, and the right turn signals work when the key is in the ON position.
He change my ECU (located near the battery under the fuel tank with codes: M620 DUCATI013 and S16DG118 ) with a new one (test/blank), and my bike works fine.

My bike was working perfect when I left it in the ducati service and now I must pay 600-700euro for a new ECU.
Could be my mechanic made a wrong connection and the cpu burned out?
Reasons that can be an ECU/CPU fail. Could be reprogrammed?
Where located the immobilizer system? In the ECU or in the instrument panel?

many thanks
lazaros

ps :I have change the turn lights with new after market one

·
Registered
8,324 Posts
How did you get the bike from the service?

·
Registered
98 Posts
The immobilizer is located in the gauge pod, but the ECU must match the Gauge pod for it to run, and also the key obviously.

Regardless, your bike now runs. I have no idea what would have caused this.

Either way, if you're going to have to pay for the repair, NO WAY should an ECU cost that much. They should be $250 US dollars OR LESS. It's not the hugely expensive repair it once was.

Check with the dealer a little bit more. Regardless of who's fault it is, you're getting bent over and paying too much.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't have get it ....yet (for a month and count). :mad:
May be, I will buy a perfomance kit (air filter, ECU, and Low Oval Termignioni exhaust system)
but
I'm wondering what cause this problem and if it happens again... :'(

My mechanic send that may be the after market turn lights (not ducati authorized) have caused this. ???
I don't know....

Lazaros

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.