Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive been looking at Gerbings jackets. They look great, but I don't see that they provide any protection in a crash. Anyone ever heard of a heated liner that can be worn under leathers?

Kevin

·
Premium Member
3,364 Posts
Just picked up a Gerbings jacket-liner (not the vest) for under my leather jacket. Liner not intended to give any protection in event of a crash, just keep you warm without wearing 5 layers of stuff..

Rode today for over 2 hrs in temps around 48-50F - hit speeds up to 70 mph (for a 40 minute stretch).

Awesome....pants-liner and gloves next [thumbsup]

·
Premium Member
507 Posts
widder electric vests are time-tested and mother-approved. unless you do a LOT of cold-weather riding, it should suffice under your regular riding gear. heating your torso with the vest is usually enough to keep the rest of your body warm.

·
Premium Member
2,060 Posts
I got this recently and I love it. I've ridden upstate with it while temps dipped into the 30's and I was happy and warm as fresh apple pie. All I wore up top was the vest, a long sleeve tee, a neck gaitor and my Dainese jacket.

check the review here.

·
Premium Member
507 Posts
goldenchild said:
I got this recently and I love it. I've ridden upstate with it while temps dipped into the 30's and I was happy and warm as fresh apple pie. All I wore up top was the vest, a long sleeve tee, a neck gaitor and my Dainese jacket.

check the review here.
does that one have a hard-wire option? for longer rides and/or not having to worry about batteries, hard-wire is key.

·
Premium Member
2,060 Posts
simonster said:
does that one have a hard-wire option? for longer rides and/or not having to worry about batteries, hard-wire is key.
Nope, no hard wire option. If you ask for the "Webbikeworld" special, they'll send you 2 batteries. I've gotten 7 hours out of one battery with the vest set on medium, the high setting is too hot. So if you carry the spare battery with you, you'll have enough heat to last you more than I'd want to be riding for in one sitting.

·
Premium Member
3,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the info!

Kevin

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.