Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Put on my duals. Speedo doesn't work now. And now I have a new problem.

The left front blinker won't work when the engine is running. It works while the bike is off, though.

What the hell?

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
which dual set-up did you get? got any pix of the set-up (electrical?)

you may have crossed some wires by accident and shorted out some electricals. get a voltmeter and check your connections to see where the problem is.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Daffe, how's the family doing?

I fixed the blinker problem. Thanks for your suggestion.

One more thing, though. My speedometer and odometer aren't working. I tried to push all the cables into their respective thoughts. What else can I try? ???

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
spending lots of time with family so my postings are almost nil this week (some of you might be able to catch up on posts!)

speedo is all mechanical unless you have one of those digital ones. your speedo cable might be broken. installing the lights is tricky with the speedo cable. if there's excessive bend, it will break the cable when it's spinning at high speeds.

unhook the speedo cable on 1 end and pull on the wire inside - (it's a heavy duty cable/wire). if it comes free from the other attached side then it's broken. $35 to replace from the dealer. Suggestion: use the nylon spacers (white plastic thingies) to raise the speedo-console. you'll need custom bolts to fasten it though. I have some custom spacers made of cromoly and some custom bolts b/c i took them off (currently running the OEM light)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts