Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After 5 years of flawless performance from my 1999 Ducati M750, it started eating batteries.
After attempting to research the problem I went on the assumption that I needed to replace the rectifier. My first ride after got me to work, then after work to the gas station at which point it had no electrical response.
I discovered the connection between the stator and the rectifier were melted together apparently from having been shorting across the connection.
I have since learned that most shops that replace rectifiers solder this specific connection bypassing the plug entirely.
At this point I still need to solder the connection and see if the bike even starts.
The question at this point is, has anyone experienced this issue and what was the the outcome?

·
Registered
879 Posts
I haven’t heard of it, but that certainly doesn’t mean it isn’t an issue. The usual biggest issue on any Ducati is the voltage regulator. The advice there is to replace it with a MOSFET type , Shingen brand unit . Do a Search for sources and part numbers.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I haven’t heard of it, but that certainly doesn’t mean it isn’t an issue. The usual biggest issue on any Ducati is the voltage regulator. The advice there is to replace it with a MOSFET type , Shingen brand unit . Do a Search for sources and part numbers.
Thank you, I’ll definitely look into it. The other issue I tend to have is finding part numbers for a 99’

1 - 5 of 5 Posts