Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My headlight is out....It has been flickering for several months when I turned the bars to lock the steering. About two weeks ago it started to flicker more and now it is out.

Narowed it down to a bad grounding wire. All the other lights work and the fuse is good. This is on a '00 900 almost like the wire fatigued and finally broke. I dont really want to tear apart the wiring harness to find this sucker. Were does the head light ground to the frame or the rest of the harness. I have narrowed it down to the main harness all the plugs behind the headlight are good. Any ideas????

·
Registered
374 Posts
The harness is grounded to the frame so it really doesn't matter. Attach the ground wire coming out of the head light to any metal surface on the bike of your choosing.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I found the problem....The ground wire broke at a zip tie. Man you would think Ducati would have a better routing system for wires subject to fatigue. Especially the wires that controls so much of the bikes function, such as starting, running and lights, your know the minor things.....

Running a wire to the frame was my last choice. I was hoping find the problem and keep the harness intact.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts