Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Are you talking like you are getting a lot done in a short amount of time, but it feels like you have been doing it forever, so more time should actually have gone by in the time that you have done it?

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
more like when you are going really fast everything gets quiet
and you seem to have all the time in the world. You see all the openings and there also seems to be much more space in those openings to drive through. I first noticed when going illegal on the 748, and then again on the track.....now I realize I drive like that
on the street not going fast but having that time and space available and all without hitting the bong.
So then I realized if being present is like that which I am thinking it is, it must be one of the big reasons we all like riding bikes. That feeling of being present and in the flow.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I love that feeling!! 8)

·
Registered
240 Posts
This is a pretty deep conversation. I'm gonna go read some posts I can understand.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
I was a dumba$$ in high skool and tried to play football. I finally got my big chance to go out for a pass- I was 5'7 130# at the time) I ran out and turned back in for my big pass, everything was going in slow motion. I saw the ball leave the qb's hand.. perfect spiral... I did as I learned and followed the ball in.. I better no drop it I thought... my heart was racing- yet beating so slow at the same time. The ball hit my fingers and I immediately tucked it in to my elbow. I felt as though I was staring at the ball for an eternity... I really caught it! I then turned around and began running for the end zone. For the first time in my illustrious football career, I HAD THE BALL! I WAS GOING TO SCORE! but suddenly I realized that two line-backers were bearing down on me... all I could think was keep running, this is your big chance to prove yourself..... next thing I know I am lying on my back with what seemed like a dozen stinky sweaty players on top of me... I hear everyone from my team cheering.. hey I must have done something good to impress them... I ran back to the sideline after I got up expecting praise and adoration. They were all laughing at me because not only did it seem like I was moving in slow motion, I actually WAS moving in slow motion! The coach said that I was staring at the ball like I could believe I actually caught it. Hey- at least I didnt fumble it! To this day, I still think that coach is a prick, but what do ya do? I knew I was too small to be out there in the first place..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts