Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Amigos. I think we all plan to take our two wheeled friends to the grave with us...and then reality sets in.

My 2000 Dark 900 (El Diablito) Can't come to Costa Rica with us when we move in the next several months. I was thinking how cool it would be to have the only Monster in the whole country....but then i calculated the import tax....about $5000!!! ouch.

Simply not worth it.

As a result, My baby is for sale for $5500. She has Clip on handle bars, new chain, new tires (dunlop 207's), Carbon fiber exhast (sounds like pure evil), Corbin seat, saddle bags and a bike cover. She has been my trusty commuter, but i am going to be working out of the house until we leave...

I think it is only prudent that in a wild tropical country that rains all the time....maybe an enduro bike (bimmer?) is more prudent.

please e-mail me if you know someone who will take good care of my first italian love.

[email protected]

-Dan

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
that sucks. well you probably wont need a bike anyway. You can just swing from tree to tree like George of the jungle. Do you have any photos of the bike? My fiance wants me to get her into the MSF course for a wedding present, so a new Monster may be needed for the stable...

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Loki, how's austin? Still better than Fort Worth i take it!

I have some pics. They are on my office CPU and i am working remotely today...Let me know where you would like the pics sent.

I have had the maintenance done at Advanced motorsports here in town. It is the All Ducati Dealer here that is owned by Jeff Nash.

The dark looks great..and there has been some flat black powder coating (versus the grey) on the valve and clutch covers...looks great.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
dang .... that stinks. will you buy something new when
you settle in?

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
they have a Bimmer dealer down there. I will see if i can find a used enduro or something. Most of the bikes there are the 100cc two stroke offroad dirt bikes. They are loud and obnoxious....maybe a 4 wheeler?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts