Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am installing Exbox on 2006 SR2 800. Will powder coat black (black bike with orange stripe). Am also doing tail chop with removal of rear footpegs in effort to lighten and cleanup look of rear of bike. My questions are...do I need new ECU or remapping of stock ECU. Can stock ECU be remapped? Would also like to improve overall breathing of bike. New air filter vs. completely new intake system? I am not adverse to any mods and have a few bucks to spend on mods. Looking for best overall performance package that will work with Exbox without altering stock engine. That is, change in breather, exhaust and ECU if necessary. Hoping to sqeeze out maybe another 10hp.
Thanks. Any input appreciated.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I ordered an Exbox as well (for my s4rs), I'm curious as well, but will be trying the slam-on-and-drive method...I'll let you know how it goes. (I am black coating mine too.)

I used the Comp-werks tail chop, its was extremely easy, clean and it looks PERFECT.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Quat D is offering their own version of a power commander that comes preloaded with a map for the Exbox. We have one in stock right now for an S2R800 and they are supposed to be coming out with them for the other Monsters soon. Price is a little more than a PCIII. Contact [email protected] for more info.

·
Premium Member
1,397 Posts
i think 10 HP with bolt ons will be VERY hard. I had exhaust, FBF intake, BMC filter and PCIII with custom map and only got another 6 HP. Hp is not real important, torque is much more important. Changing out you front sprocket to 1 tooth less will give you a "feel" of 10 HP for a lot less money than opening up the engine.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Yeah, I know. Perhaps "I" thought he was talking about weight because that would seem more logical to me.

Horsepower? No way. 10 HP for a pipe? My bike has only 95 horses. That's almost a 10% increase. ha ha ha ha.........no way.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Sac Monster said:
Quat D is offering their own version of a power commander that comes preloaded with a map for the Exbox. We have one in stock right now for an S2R800 and they are supposed to be coming out with them for the other Monsters soon. Price is a little more than a PCIII. Contact [email protected] for more info.
I just sent an email. When do you think the chip would be available for the 06 S2R1000?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
5,761 Posts
I didn't delete ANY posts. I did not post on this thread.

Like Sac monster said.... Quat-D provided us with a Power commander type device with a map to fit a S2R800. I heard they had plans for the other bikes. I am not up to date on what is available from Quat-D. Brian and Stephano will know before I do as they are the ones that place the orders for stock.

There are some other alternatives for fueling issues. Some have used the "Techlusion" to modify fuel on Sport Classics with closed loop fuel systems.
We haven't tried it yet, but we are currently getting some more info from Techlusion to see what they have for the closed loop system.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
I'm sorry. You're right. I don't know why I thought that was you who posted that. My fault.

Tell Stephano I'm sorry also. I just finished emailing with him. My fault.

Who is Techlusion?

Rapid Bike makes a module for my bike. I'm waiting on KnowPain to try his out this weekend. If he gives me the thumbs up, I'm going to get one. Once it's mapped pretty good, I'll get the ExBox.

Sorry again Moto.

Tom

·
Premium Member
5,761 Posts
No problem, Tom. There are about 3 other "ex box" threads going on at the same time..it is easy to get mixed up.

Techlusion is another ECU modifier device that was designed by a guy that helped create the original Power Commander (so I've been told). I've heard from several sources that it works well on the closed loop system, but I have not tried it ourselves. I will pass along any information that we get.

Another end around approach is to swap the ECU with a different one from a non closed loop system and then use a PC3 that is matched to that ECU. We have not tried this either but it makes sense.
Unfortunately, none of us here nor any of our customers have a Ducati with a closed loop injection system to try this on.

Please let us know what you find with the Rapid bike module.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Moto,

I have a valid question.

When I first got my bike, it ran horrible. Very erratic and stumbled a lot. I posted on here my problem and dozens of people told me to remove my 02 sensor.

I did. And the bike has run awesomely ever since.

Hoever, now I'm wondering if all these new modules are going to require the 02 sensor to be in tact.

What do you think? Do you think I need to reinstall my 02 sensor?

If so, do you sell them? Mine is damaged beyond repair.

Thanks,

Tom

·
Premium Member
5,761 Posts
No problem on the O2 sensor. we can ge that.
But I would wait until we find out which one of these fuel management systems that you are going to use. It may ask you to remove the O2 sensor as well.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.