Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over the summer I purchased a low mileage 2004 S4R will a full Arrow exhaust. The previous owner claimed it had and ECU to match the exhaust but wasn't really able to give me the specifics. He said at the time he bought the bike from the dealer, they told him the arrow setup was the only one with an ECU. Can anyone tell me how to identifiy the ECU I have? Not exactly sure where to look.

I also have my suspision that the dealer meant that the arrow was the only one that didn't require and ECU.

Oh, it also has a stock airbox and cleaner, so any thought on that would be cool.

Thanks!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the pic. I found it just before your post.

Plain sticker with the following.

0130D001 3X-IGA46D

·
Registered
966 Posts
I purchase an updated DP ECU with a full Termi exhaust from the dealership, and the ECU is coded as a multistrada with black marker pen writing "S2R1000". Knowing what I do about Italian workmanship, they probably made mine in the afternoon. It works great though. Point is, you may not always be able to tell from the printed code...especially if it was a early upgraded ECU.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I guess if it is an upgraded DP ECU or not, I should probably get at least a new air filter like a K&N. That wouldn't pose any problems if it is a stock ECU would it?

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
No, A K&N isn't going to make a giant difference.

If you cut the airbox lid, or put on one of the 'frames', then that would require some compensation.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts