Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking for some help and some info. I have a 09 monster 1100 i have had head work done and some high comp pistons installed. I would now like to install a set of cams and a fully programmable ECU. I have been reading and reading about ECU's and I think the one to go with is the Nemesis as it is fully programmable and I can remove the 02 sensor.(correct??) But can not find a listing on their site for my bike, do they have it?? I have e-mailed them but nothing yet. Also what is a good set of cams to go with?? (Schrick or Vee Two and who carries them)

Thanks for any help

·
Registered
30 Posts
there are two easily available cam options at the moment
DP and NCR
DP nets 4-6hp, NCR is more aggressive and will yield closer to 10hp, with alittle less affect on the low/mid, and more on the highend.

With the ncr cams being as aggressive as they are, you'll want to check valves alittle more often than 7500 just to make sure there's no issues.

Nemesis systems aren't available for the M1100, as it uses a Siemens ECU rather than a Magneti Marelli. Power Commander V looks to be available within the next few months. (some say it is already, but not easy to get yet)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
DP and NCR
DP nets 4-6hp, NCR is more aggressive and will yield closer to 10hp, with alittle less affect on the low/mid, and more on the highend.

With the ncr cams being as aggressive as they are, you'll want to check valves alittle more often than 7500 just to make sure there's no issues.

Nemesis systems aren't available for the M1100, as it uses a Siemens ECU rather than a Magneti Marelli. Power Commander V looks to be available within the next few months. (some say it is already, but not easy to get yet)
Thanks the bike feels good low/mid with the head work and pistons so maybe the NCR cams would be ideal as it didnt seem to gain much on top. Do you have any idea on the torque of each. What do you think??

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
DP and NCR

I cant seem to find any web sites on either do you have more info.
thanks

·
Registered
30 Posts
personally, I'm going with the Ducati Performance cams. I spent a good bit of time considering this, but unless it's a full-time race motor, you won't get as much out of the NCR cams --except for some more frequent valve checks (from what i've heard) --, as the two have very similar attributes up to around 6800-7000 rpm. I haven't seen any dyno graphs to corroborate this, however.

The NCRs run around $1020 for 10hp

DP cams are listed for $820 for 5hp (order the hypermotard kit with ecu). Without ECU the cams are 380 a piece. So you don't spend much extra to get the Ecu however, reselling the ECU (it's a marelli ecu you can't use) on a forum or ebay nets 250-400 on ebay, so you end up with the cams for 420-500 Pretty sweet for the price if you ask me. If a Ducati Dealership installs them, they come with a 2 year warranty. Cams don't normally fail, but if they aren't degreed properly and something happens, you know it's taken care of.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
desmoworks or bellisimoto have the NCR cams

ducati performance cams can be found at ducatiperformace.com, or through your local dealer
Just checked that out on the site. good call thanks it even comes with exhaust

·
Registered
30 Posts
it doesn't come with exhaust. Best gains are found when paired with exhaust. Port/Polish + exhaust + cams + hc pistons/rods is about as solid as it gets

·
Registered
4 Posts
We are insisting on our company principle "Best Service and Highest Quality", and willing to build mutual benefits and long term business relationship with you. So we sincerely wish to cooperate with you and to make mutual benefit! The payment we accept paypal ,Western Union and money gram.
If you are interested in any of the products we deal with, please click on our website:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Just got this email

There is no reason not to use it on an 1100 Monster other than we have not done a specific map for it.
To answer your questions.- It is not a closed loop system, it only uses a wide band lambda during the tuning process.- yes, you can remove the lambda sensors-
yes it is 100% programmable, nothing is hidden away- You would need a Nemesis-2/Type 2
Can you tell me where you are located and I will put you in touch with your nearest dealer who may have a map for you to start with.

Regards
**** Boasman
Competition Systems Ltd - UKTel
Direct: +44(0)1295 768 754
Mobile: +44(0)7798 902470Fax:
+44(0)8707 065 596
www.competitionsystems.co.uk

·
Registered
30 Posts
Just got this email

There is no reason not to use it on an 1100 Monster other than we have not done a specific map for it.
To answer your questions.- It is not a closed loop system, it only uses a wide band lambda during the tuning process.- yes, you can remove the lambda sensors-
yes it is 100% programmable, nothing is hidden away- You would need a Nemesis-2/Type 2
Can you tell me where you are located and I will put you in touch with your nearest dealer who may have a map for you to start with.

Regards
**** Boasman
Competition Systems Ltd - UKTel
Direct: +44(0)1295 768 754
Mobile: +44(0)7798 902470Fax:
+44(0)8707 065 596
www.competitionsystems.co.uk
Reason 1 not to use it - It won't plug in.

You'ld have to do some work on the wire harness, and then I don't know that the dash would work, since the dash contains the immobilizer which is paired to an ecu. Marelli makes the Nemesis system, they also made the older ECUs (older now, in that the siemens ecu is newer). Siemens makes the new M1100 and M696 ECU. It's a VERY different unit all the way down to the connectors.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Speaking to someone in my home town in Australia with a nemesis on his 696 race bike he is just about finished with it. There is a little modification required to the factory loom and Im not sure about the immobiliser. Im going to look at it this week so I will get back to you I am considering it for my Monster 1100s. Last time I looked maps were available for the 696 just no one had done it yet on the 1100.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Speaking to someone in my home town in Australia with a nemesis on his 696 race bike he is just about finished with it. There is a little modification required to the factory loom and Im not sure about the immobiliser. Im going to look at it this week so I will get back to you I am considering it for my Monster 1100s. Last time I looked maps were available for the 696 just no one had done it yet on the 1100.
ooo, intriguing

·
Registered
221 Posts
that's what i was thinking. wonder if would be easier to adapt the nemesis wiring instead of the 696 wiring.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Okay bit of an update system not finished yet.

There are differences in timing trigger wheel. Siemens system uses 24 -1 and marelli system uses 48 -2. Alsoe is the presence of the map sensor on the siemens system. Just time needed to work through the differences. In any case 1100 should be easier it might be a case of just switching over the necessary bits from a hyper motard and loom to go with the nemesis and using that base map. Will let you know when I find out more.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Okay bit of an update system not finished yet.

There are differences in timing trigger wheel. Siemens system uses 24 -1 and marelli system uses 48 -2. Alsoe is the presence of the map sensor on the siemens system. Just time needed to work through the differences. In any case 1100 should be easier it might be a case of just switching over the necessary bits from a hyper motard and loom to go with the nemesis and using that base map. Will let you know when I find out more.
Any news???

1 - 16 of 16 Posts