Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I spotted some waterproof economical (<$150) boots online. One pair from Alpinestar called Ridge Waterproof and another from Oxtar, Explorer Goretex. Does anyone have any opinions on these or any other pairs. Im looking for a boot that breathes and is waterproof and doesn't look to fancy...all black is fine with me.

·
Premium Member
1,200 Posts
I have a pair of Alpinestar Effex tour boots and love em. They are warm when its cold, comfy to wear all day, and yet not overly hot when temp rises. The ridge look similar but a bit shorter.

·
Registered
4,928 Posts
I've got a pair of Vega Nitro touring boots...

I paid $79 for them at a dealer. They are really comfortable. Just make sure you wear high socks with them.

·
Registered
366 Posts
I'll think you'll be happy w/ any of these. If you haven't already checked, take a look at www.newenough.com. They carry both Alpinestars and Oxtar (plus others) and have at least two choices of waterproof street boots from each mfg.

I spotted some waterproof economical (<$150) boots online.

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
I'll second Steve C's comments on the Vega Nitro boots. And ditto the tall socks comment. Other than that, they're comfortable, seem to be quite water resistant (not sure about waterproof. I'll know more once summer gets here in Florida). And INEXPENSIVE!! Paid about $70 at my local dealer. All-in-all, not a bad deal.

Eddie

·
Premium Member
398 Posts
Im looking for 100% waterproof boots to replace my Teknic Defenders. The Teknics fell apart pretty quickly and are NOT 100% waterproof as they advertise. (leak from the seams around the shift pad.)

My problem is I wear a 37-38 and some boot companies dont make that size. I like the looks of the Vega Nitro and it definately looks like it would be waterproof... Can anyone explain why high socks are needed with that boot?

My husband has a pair of Diadora's he found on sale somewhere, so I know that brand is bomber. Oxtar is also great. Ive checked NewEnough already and they dont have anything in Women's Boots that I want. Anyone know of good WP boots that come in the smaller sizes?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts