Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm looking to ride from Baltimore, MD down to southest NC in a few months. I was curious if anybody had any info on good routes to take, landmarks to see, etc. I plan to not ever touch 95 or 85!
any ideas?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
Run down the outer banks. Hit a few lighthouses, eat some clams, enjoy the water on both sides, time it so you don't miss the last ferry (don'y ask how I know that last one).

Sounds like a great trip.

Doc

·
Registered
132 Posts
Blueridge parkway is a great ride. Fantastic roads everywhere around the blueridge, it is hard to find a bad road.

actual sign on the blueridge

I am in Bawlmer as well and a ride to the intersection of the blueridge and 77 is a long one day trip. Continue to the end if you choose, but I would suggest trying the sideroads after Asheville and spending the night then continue to the end and of course go to Deals Gap.

for the return trip I would suggest going west and taking some roads in WV to avoid double trackin over the same roads

If you need more info, maps etc. pm me and we could meet for a few beers and I will fill you in with the details.

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #6
definitely take the blue ridge. if you are going this time of year be weary of the shade. in the shade the turns can be wet when everything else is dry. take rt 60 from buena vista or really anything off/on the mountains you cant go wrong. alot of fun miles have been racked up there, and the locals are awesome for alternate routes to where you are headed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts