Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
East Bay Is Pig Latin For Beast For A Reason

This will be a strictly riding weekend no fancy bbq's and motogp viewing at some posh location :D [thumbsup] (is my jealousy on missing the ride coming through?)

I'm thinking East Bay, cause it easy for me, ;D and it usually keeps the number of participants down, cause no one likes to visit the BEAST.

I think I'll be riding NEWBEE's pace from BARF 90 mins or less from Livermore to San Jose... hahah J/K! I'm not insane (that is what his ride pace is though)

For those of you looking to put some miles on your bikes before the Monday track day this would be perfect. If you want to get hardcore I'm sure I could be talked into doing a good 300 miles of twisties Saturday.

I usually start my rides early before the :police:, tourist, bicyclist, and road racers wake up. But since the sun doesn't rise until like 7:15am I'm probably going to push the start time to 9am (I'll probably be doing a Redwood pre-ride, starting in Castro Valley at like 8/8:30am if anyone is interested)

The route is up for discussion so input please. I'll probably be riding my bike into San Francisco after the ride to get new tires so if you want to we can BBQ it up at Zeitgeist :D

UPDATE
HERE'S THE ROUTE -->>OMG CLICK ME<<--
UPDATE

Who's In:
BrassPremier
DesmoGirl
TCK*This is Sparta!
Vindingo*This is Sparta!

* = Up for 300 mile ride

·
Premium Member
5,487 Posts
Sorry, big guy. I'm out this weekend in beautiful Willows the whole time. Sounds like a good route though. I like that one. [thumbsup]

·
Premium Member
671 Posts
I can't make it this time, but I hope to visit the Beast again one of the days.

I need to make a trip out to Bo's BBQ one of these days too.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
BrassPremier said:
thats basically the route i take all the time. being in lafayette, its very close and pretty fun as long as road isnt full of people. i'm probably in
Hey did you make it on the Easter ride? Didn't meet up with you a 'geist saw some monsters at the Tam but didn't know who's they were.

Vindingo said:
Im in, if you dont mind a **** talker.... no more gamer jokes, I swear! [cheeky]
haha it's video games, if you can't laugh at yourself for that then you're just too up tight :D

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
Maybe in. I'm flying out to San Diego that weekend and I need to see what the schedule is going to be like.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I haven't put 300 miles combined on my bike in the last 4 months. I'm probably way closer to that on my dirtbike than I am on the Duc.

That said, I won't be doing it this weekend, either..... Obligations are the mother of all bitches.

Anybody want to come ride my bike for me. I think she's getting lonely sitting there in the garage.

·
Registered
166 Posts
TCK! said:
Hey did you make it on the Easter ride? Didn't meet up with you a 'geist saw some monsters at the Tam but didn't know who's they were.
No, i couldnt wake up that early. I was planning on going with a friend of mine but he bailed. Maybe next year

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Okay Girl Scouts... Here is my proposed plan.

I've never done half this route but it's supposed to be muy fabuloso y no policia.

It's not a 300 mile spartan ride but it's 104 miles and should take up about 4 hours of your life. If we get to the end of skyline and we want to do more we could head down Redwood and onto Pinehurst to really "seal the deal."

Okay Google Map Directions

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well original plan was to start in concord I need to update the first post, but I was now planning on starting in Oakland right off the 13 on Redwood.

Since I think skyline is best done slow and scenic due to the cars, houses, people, debre, bicyclist and other objects which hate motorcycles doing it at the end when everyone is a bit more tired might keep us a bit slower.

So yeah my plan is to follow the waypoints as they are shown on the map, starting at A

·
Registered
602 Posts
funny that looks alot longer than a 104 miles :(
TCK you up for some golf this month i'm on vacation :)

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
Alright, I'm in. Just to clarify, are we all meeting at 9:00, or kick stands up by 9:00? Also, is there a convenient spot to stop and wiat for everyone to show up? I'm not super familiar with that area and I don't want to pass it by (this time I don't have 50 Ducati's to tell me I've found the meeting spot). [laugh]

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Lets do kickstands up at 9:15am.

Yeah point A is a Chevron Station you have to either turn early (know it's there) or make a u-turn and double back if you're coming from Highway 13.

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
TCK! said:
Lets do kickstands up at 9:15am.

Yeah point A is a Chevron Station you have to either turn early (know it's there) or make a u-turn and double back if you're coming from Highway 13.
Sounds good. Y'all can watch me double back to the Chevron bright and early Saturday morning.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts