Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2 Questions.

I bought my S2R a month ago and I haven't even put more than 200 miles on it yet. Winter is right around the corner here in NY and I don't see myself putting on the other 400 miles anytime before the snow comes. It's a 60 mile ride to the dealer where I bought it from.. but i'm willing to take the ride out there because they didn't give me my code card and I have this feeling they won't find it anytime soon.

1. What should I do? Should I bring it to the dealer and have all the 600 mile maintenance done anyway?

2. What happens if I don't have a code card? Will they be able to reprogram the immobilizer? Should I be asking my dealer to replace the whole system because they lost my card?

·
Registered
241 Posts
Re: I need help!

First off, I'd mod the title of this post to say something like "Early service & Immobilizer Code Card Question" and you'll probably get more worthwhile responses...

Otherwise, my thoughts:

1. Always good to have oil changed before storage; anticipate no issues with early service (other than maybe not getting all of your "break in" issues sorted out).

2. You need the card, otherwise you might find yourself unable to get bike to start if you have key issues later on (if the dealer lost the card, dig you heels in and raise a stink about how much a replacement ignition system / engine computer will cost you in the event of an issue).

Ken

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Re: I need help!

Definitely wait to get the service a little at least. You can take short trips (1 hour) for a while. As for the card you definitely NEED it. It could affect future resale, and is necessary for ECU issues. Ask them what they are doing to get things straightened out. Also inquire about what the options may be to remedy this. If you feel like you're getting less than responsive service, contact DNA (Ducati north America).

·
Registered
241 Posts
And have them get you the card, even if they have to replace all of the ignition / computer stuff. If you don't make them do it now, they'll charge you for it later and it's big $$$.

Ken

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
I too was sold a new S4Rs without a code card. The dealer told me they could not get a new card ( or the numbers) and that I really didn't need one as long as I have the red key. I am concerned with resale and future issues resulting from the lack of a card. After reading this post, I have emailed DNA customer service about this issue and I'm waiting for a responce.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts