Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings from the UK :)

In a quest to smooth out the running (esp. when cold as it is at the moment in Britain) and improve response etc. is it worth me getting my M600 (1994 model) dynojetted? I know it is popular with the M900s but haven't heard too much regarding this mod on the smaller engine.

I already have some race cans (Sils) fitted and the carbs have been balanced, so as I understand it, a stage 2 kit (jets + filter) would complement the exhaust quite well. What can I expect from getting it done?

Thanks in advance (as always!)

Howard

P.S. Happy Xmas from the UK!

·
Registered
461 Posts
Unless you've opened up the intake seriously, you can expect fouled plugs and reduced gas mileage from a Stage II Dynojet.

Maybe Stage I would work. It will smooth things out, but do a bunch of plug checks along the way to get the needle and idle mix right.

Jet kits are not a guaranteed drop-in. But you do get all the right parts to make it work better.

I guess you wanted to know about if it will help the bike start cold better. Yes, it will. It will be richer all over, and will come off choke faster, and run smoother at the bottom end. You also get slightly quicker throttle response when you open up the CV slide port.

There have been a bunch of threads here recently about jets and such. Good info there.

-Don

·
Banned
3,931 Posts
Would everyone please top using Dynojet and go with FactoryPro?

The kit come with three different jets so that you have a good chance of having one in there to meet your needs, and they're just easier to use. No matter what you've done to the bike, one FactoryPro kit is likely to be able to get the jetting just right.

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
Wow!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts