Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
good stuff yannick! can't wait to see the "after" results.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Strati

What do you think of the graph, it's not the same shape of the graph on ducati's website ...

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
actually yannick, i think the shape is very similar. except the graph on ducati.com doesn't show the very beginning of the run or the very end. the shape of the main curve looks about dead-on:

the interesting thing though is that the torque and HP curves in your graph cross at about 7k RPM. hrm...

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
Yannick's graph looks funny because as near as I can tell, it's got (SAE Corrected) HP on the left side scale, and (SAE Corrected) Torque in N-m on the right side scale.

The Ducati graph has kW on the left side scale, and N-m on the right side scale.

Different units, different crossover points.........

·
Registered
326 Posts
I was under the impression that a HP and Tourque always crossed at 5250RPM. I'll have to look in some books. As noted above probably works like that when using one set of units and changes when the units are changed. Makes sense.

·
Premium Member
1,928 Posts
You're right, because HP is a function of torque times RPM divided by the constant of 5252, they have to cross at 5252 RPM.

Not sure what the formula for calculating kW is though.

--Fillmore

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
and 1 N-m = 0.7376 ft-lb.

Somewhere there's a thread on the S4R, along the lines of 'where's the beef?' I posted some graphs...

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
I looked in my books...

T=torque
n=rpm

power[KW]=
T[n*m]*n[rev/min]

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
Here are 2 graphs, same data, but 1 with common y axis and 1 with a secondary y axis.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts