Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

Anyone interested?

  • 11-25-2006

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 11-26-2006

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 10-2-2006

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 10-3-2006

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 10-10-2006

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 10-11-2006

    Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at putting this together and have secured a site that won't care about noise. >:D


All makes and models welcome especially anything that might blow up! [laugh] [laugh]
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,726 Posts
Re: Dyno day/ tech tips/ routine maint. event

hells yeah!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,761 Posts
Re: Dyno day/ tech tips/ routine maint. event

Red Baron said:
Looking at putting this together and have secured a site that won't care about noise. >:D
louie (dyno) will show up with his rig on non-race weekends if you guarantee him 3 maps.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
955 Posts
Re: Dyno day/ tech tips/ routine maint. event

The Molten Magna will SCREAM! No seriously Red, can I bring her, especially b/c she'll be yours soon enough?

-Dan
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,745 Posts
Re: Dyno day/ tech tips/ routine maint. event

will louie dyno a bike just for the sake of dyno'ing it (no map)?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,761 Posts
Re: Dyno day/ tech tips/ routine maint. event

gm2 said:
will louie dyno a bike just for the sake of dyno'ing it (no map)?
yup, but i'm pretty sure it won't count against the 3.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,334 Posts
Re: Dyno day/ tech tips/ routine maint. event

gm2 said:
will louie dyno a bike just for the sake of dyno'ing it (no map)?
Good question.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,761 Posts
Re: Dyno day/ tech tips/ routine maint. event

..he'll also show you areas of your map he feels that he can improve on with a proper map.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
240 Posts
Re: Dyno day/ tech tips/ routine maint. event

What's this guy charge to do a custom map, what are his credentials, has anyone else gotten a custom map from him and what are your thoughts on the results? Also does this guy do mapping that address' each cyclinder individually? I ask because I have a guy lined up to do my custom map , he's a bit pricey BUT he's known in the biz as being one of the best at PCIII custom mapping. If the guy you're trying to line up is as good and cheaper as my guy I'd be tempted to give him a try. Thanks...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,266 Posts
Re: Dyno day/ tech tips/ routine maint. event

r8pistol said:
What's this guy charge to do a custom map, what are his credentials, has anyone else gotten a custom map from him and what are your thoughts on the results? Also does this guy do mapping that address' each cyclinder individually? I ask because I have a guy lined up to do my custom map , he's a bit pricey BUT he's known in the biz as being one of the best at PCIII custom mapping. If the guy you're trying to line up is as good and cheaper as my guy I'd be tempted to give him a try. Thanks...
What yopu are asking be done would be a nearly all day adventure in mapping. Hardley something that could be accomplished in a quick dyno map session.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,761 Posts
Re: Dyno day/ tech tips/ routine maint. event

ducman851 said:
What yopu are asking be done would be a nearly all day adventure in mapping. Hardley something that could be accomplished in a quick dyno map session.
what he said.

r8pistol said:
What's this guy charge to do a custom map, what are his credentials, has anyone else gotten a custom map from him and what are your thoughts on the results? Also does this guy do mapping that address' each cyclinder individually? I ask because I have a guy lined up to do my custom map , he's a bit pricey BUT he's known in the biz as being one of the best at PCIII custom mapping. If the guy you're trying to line up is as good and cheaper as my guy I'd be tempted to give him a try. Thanks...
"basic" maps are $200, iirc. louie will do advanced maps for an additional 50%, but he doesn't feel they're worth it.

steveg had his map done by louie, and many of the willow guys swear by him.

just out of curiosity, who is your guy and what are his credentials?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,745 Posts
Re: Dyno day/ tech tips/ routine maint. event

derby said:
yup, but i'm pretty sure it won't count against the 3.
duh ;) (or i would assume so)

i'm also not totally against changing to a pc3.. so yeah i'd like to talk to him either way.

luca needs 2 maps so doesn't seem like getting to the requisite 3 will be much of a problem.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
240 Posts
Re: Dyno day/ tech tips/ routine maint. event

ducman851 said:
What yopu are asking be done would be a nearly all day adventure in mapping. Hardley something that could be accomplished in a quick dyno map session.
I'm just asking what the guy's background is in mapping and what can be expected. From what I've been told by the guy I've found, it's not an all day thing at all. He charges $300 for a full custom map that will be individualized for each cyclinder and you're in and out in an hour or so. His name is Mickey Cohen and after asking around all over SoCal his name came up more often than not as the guy to go to. He was also featured in a recent edition of Motorcyclist magazine regarding his services and expertise. Thanks for the feedeback on Louie.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,442 Posts
Re: Dyno day/ tech tips/ routine maint. event

In and out in an hour for a custom advanced map sounds suspicious to me; Louie worked on my bike for a good 45 minutes to nail down a standard map alone. I'm happy with the results; bike makes good power, and runs smoothly. I'm pretty sure this map is better (by feel) than the one I got a couple of years ago from dyno dudes, but I can't be sure because between the two maps lots of engine work was done; so it makes no sense to compare the curves.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
240 Posts
Re: Dyno day/ tech tips/ routine maint. event

I'm just telling you what the guy said. I asked if I'd need to drop the bike off the night before but he said no, that he could get me in and out same day. I assumed that meant a couple hours. If it's longer so be it, whatver it takes to get the best for my bike. The guy comes highly recommended that's for sure and he was really cool over the phone explaining all that can be expected for your $300...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,266 Posts
Re: Dyno day/ tech tips/ routine maint. event

r8pistol said:
I'm just asking what the guy's background is in mapping and what can be expected. From what I've been told by the guy I've found, it's not an all day thing at all. He charges $300 for a full custom map that will be individualized for each cyclinder and you're in and out in an hour or so. His name is Mickey Cohen and after asking around all over SoCal his name came up more often than not as the guy to go to. He was also featured in a recent edition of Motorcyclist magazine regarding his services and expertise. Thanks for the feedeback on Louie.

Never heard of him. Hmmm.

Well since no one asked heres my 2c. (Stand back Derby)

I took my bike 2500 miles to Minnesota, because I couldnt find anyone here in So Cal that:
A: could properly tune a Duc.
B: could properly tune the FIM U59.
C: that I could trust.

Im not sure whether its good or bad but Ive seen and been involved with what is involved with actually doing a proper tuning session.

Ill use my bike for example.

First thing was to clean and check the injectors on a RAM Injector bench.
Once the flow was confirmed to be nearly identical then we moved onto the next step. Setup
The cams were then set to Factory spec
The throttle body synch was checked and adjusted
The TPS setting was checked
That was just the first two hours.
Next came building a base map.
Then came the actual dyno work
Running the bike at each throttle position and rpm point
Analyze the data and make changes to those that needed a change
Repeat dyno process
Repeat analyzing data untill results are correct.

That was the rest of the afternoon.

The end all is if you dont check your work you can assume its perfect, right? By that I mean the basic settings. If they are not right then why bother trying to compensate for misadjustments?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,761 Posts
Re: Dyno day/ tech tips/ routine maint. event

ducman851 said:
Well since no one asked heres my 2c. (Stand back Derby)
..no need to ask me to stand back. i'm still waitin for you to get your dyno rig so we can enjoy the same quality of service here in socal. [cheeky]

i tried to get as close to that process as i could with what i had to work with.

i had scotty do my 6k and degree my cams and then immediately took my bike to spectrum for my custom (advanced) map. needless to say, i had the right idea but chose poorly in execution.

i _feel_ that id i'd gone straight to louie after my 6k i would have been happier.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
136 Posts
Re: Dyno day/ tech tips/ routine maint. event

Definitely there. Hopefully weekend so there's time for questions and we can actually see what's going on, unless there's good lighting [laugh]
 
1 - 20 of 93 Posts
Top