Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got my dynacoils thanks to chris at ca-cycleworks. He did try to prevent me from slapping them on my FI bike (the kit is for carbs) but it was worth it. Now the WILL NOT fit bikes with airboxes but they fit perfectly between my TPO pods with some minor adjustments. I had to get some longer bolts and some spacers to attach them but they look pretty good. I think I'll take the TPO bracket (which was supplied with the pods to attach the stock coil back where it belongs) and Chris's mounting plates and make a REAL bracket for a bit better support. The dynacoils are HUGE and heavy compared to the stock plastic crap ducati has.

Performance wise.... Only one ride so far but the low end seems smoother from idle to about 3000rpm. I've not noticed my engine hiccups (reported when i got my PCIII) but I also went down in octane and that seemed to help. Time will tell.

So if you are thinking of a coil upgrade for a FI bike: yes it works.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I am trying to find a new way to mount my dyna coils.....do you have a pic of what it looks like?

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
here ya go

basically I took chris's brackets, mounted the coils via some spacers (alu pieces from homedepot) to the brackets with some longer bolts and nylon nuts. Then bolted this assembly to the tpo beast coil bracket.

I need to make a piece to go from the top of the coils but I will probably just take the whole piece to the machine shop and have them cut me a single bracket piece, replacing the TPO part, chris's bracket and adding some filler between the two coils to everthing is nice and solid.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They look sweet with the pods. If I could figure out how attatch a photo with these posts I would show you where I have mine and where I would like to put them. If you could help me figure it out I would be abliged. I thought I read it once in here but I can't find the instructions now. ???

1 - 6 of 6 Posts