Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Re: Dulano's

pretty ok, me and the chick met Trent and his wife and roamed around. Couple nice rides down there. Saw a Busa don there. Dude had NOS on it!
Ran into a few friends. Didnt see Kim, I think she was hiding from us. Saw the pink monster. Saw Pierre and his crews bikes- didnt see them until I was riding off. :(

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
at least they dont have you on hold. That is the worst! So did you tell Tom and Doug that you will help them move by taking one of the bikes of their hands and keep it at your place until yours is fixed? I think that is a swell idea....

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I did tell them I would help move......and Ducman has offered to help on the men's magazine shoot ::)

·
Registered
216 Posts
I was at Manleys at 6:30pm - didnt see anyone so I walked over to Dulanos. WOW is all I can say. I saw the nitro busa as well as lots of old classics, old ducs, brit bikes - sweet stuff. I didnt see anyone I knew - just pretty much stood around checking things out. Now I'm pi$$ed that I missed so many of these - are they typically the same bikes or is it different each week? All of the guys (& gals) seemed to know each other. There were a ton of bikes there - much more than I expected.

Rode home in the dark - first time with the new lights - had to adjust like 3-4 times to get it right. Except for 1/2 of a 2x4 flying out of a truck at 80mph going up 35w nothing real eventful happened.

Where the he11 were you guys at 6:30?

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
oh we were inside with all the hooters girls drinking and eating pizza....only gearhead dorks stay outside and look at bikes ;D

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
you have to understand that we are not the most punctual group of people. 6:30 means 7:00. I got there about 6:45.
So if we are going to meet at Bob's at 9:30- be there at 9:30 if you want coffee or what not. 10:00 if you want to just ride. Thats usually the way it works.
Too bad we didnt hook up. Oh well, maybe next time. I dont know about riding tomorrow. It may rain. Guess we can play it by ear.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
actually I had to stay home and wait for a business call that still has not come and John was dad last night.......

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
so Matt what did you see that stood out in your mind for bikes?

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
oh we were inside with all the hooters girls drinking and eating pizza....only gearhead dorks stay outside and look at bikes ;D
you know that John may get wrapped up in his big move to California. I am a better candidate to help out on the shoot iffin you get it. I will lower my fee this one time. Oh the Hooters calendar. There is another good photo op. Hooters Girls on Monsters. - Sorry Kim I am not trying to be a pig, sex sells- its a fact of life. :p

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
also was it you that had the McQueen quote?
that's a good one.

·
Registered
216 Posts
There were a BSA a bunch of Triumph's and some Nortons. I love brit bikes. I saw a CB350 all decked out with chrome and paint - real clean. Suprising what someone will do with a 300$ bike. There were 3 cool ducs - I think they were from the late 70's early 80's. I think they were GT's but I'm not real up on classic ducs. I saw the purple monster - looked like they had some choice parts - but the color is not my cup of tea. There was an Arial square 4 - which was pretty clean. And a couple real neat Nortons right near the doorway - lots of hand fab'd work.

There were also a lot of cookie cutter sport bikes and HD's. Nothing that really stood out - they all pretty much looked the same.

I really like classic bikes (if you cant tell) so it was like heaven. I took off at 8 or so - was parked across the road. 02 m900 dark with a road rashed front fender, dual head lights, leo high mounts, TPO beast intake - if you didnt see me you probably heard me leave.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yeah I keep trying to get my monster to be a 69 bonneville
cafe racer......also love the old brit bikes, triumph engine in a nickel plated norton frame......is what I am after......

·
Registered
216 Posts
yeah I keep trying to get my monster to be a 69 bonneville
cafe racer......also love the old brit bikes, triumph engine in a nickel plated norton frame......is what I am after......
I really want a triton - triumph motor in a norton featherbed frame. clip ons, cafe racer seat, up swept pipes. just enough chrome to accent some peices. That's my dream bike. The monster's lines remind me of the old cafe racers (at least to me).

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
excatly a triton......once I got the new clip ons on that were even lower then the dp ones the sit and reach for me so reminded me of cafe style...I have the same observation with the monster.......
that's what I am trying to do with mine.
I know about the weight of adding nickel but if I can get the colors in my head right I may still nickel plate the frame.

·
Registered
216 Posts
one of the old Ducs was a '74 gt- it was for sale for 12k if I remember correctly.
It was sweet wasnt it. I talked to one guy - he's one of the guys with one of those scooters - not sure what type. He said it was a racer. He attempted a wheelie and later nearly crashed into a car. Dork. Anyway - he said he has a 750 and a 900 gt in his shed. He says he never rides them. Why have a bike you dont ride & abuse? A conversational piece? Seems like a waste - he more or less said that they are investments.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts