Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how do you guys pay your tolls on your bikes?

·
Registered
100 Posts
I live in Florida, where we have a SunPass. Small 2

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
I tuck a bill just behind the zipper in my tank bag.

Glove-on access is essential!
I forgot to prep for a toll last time up to BCM and it was a PITA removing a glove and groping in my pocket. Fortunately nobody honked at me!

·
Registered
195 Posts
I have one of those fancy toll transponders ("I-Pass" in IL), but I haven't been able to mount it anywhere where it can read - I don't have a fairing, in the tank bag doesn't work, etc, etc. So I keep the thing in a convenient side pocket on my tank bag and bust it out when I get to the booth. We have plenty of no-stop lanes for the I-Pass-equipped, and for those I just pull the transponder and hold it up with my left hand, in roughly the position where it would be attached to a car windshield while riding through the slot at speed. Works like a charm.

M.

·
Premium Member
342 Posts
I believe that tolling a motorcycle full toll is rediculous and I remind the toll attendat every time I go through. Half the wheels should be half the price. To help make my point I alway leave my money in my wallet to remind them how inconvenient it is for bikers. I don't care who honks or how many times the atendant says that I should have been prepared [smiley=angry.gif] [smiley=cheeky.gif].

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
I agree Kelly!

·
Premium Member
1,928 Posts
Hooligans don't pay tolls....

--Fillmore

·
Registered
455 Posts
Yeah, tolls for MCs are total bull$hit. On the GGB, we don't get a break for having fewer wheels, however they have no problem charging an extra $1.50 for each extra pair over four. They charge per axle - maybe they ought to modify that to charge by axle width. That way, we don't pay s**t and all the fools in their H2s can foot the bill for the rest of us, since they seem to think they own the road anyway ;D

There ought to be some sort of petition to get more fair tolls for motorcyclists.

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Man, Ally's TOTALLY OUT OF CONTROL now that she's mastered animated icons!

I think it's time for an INTERVENTION! ;)

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
HEEE HEEEE!!!! BWAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!! I am evil I tell you!!!!

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
Tolls are BS. In the NY/Nj wwe got the EZ-pass (lil box i carry in my leather's pocket) and it's not so easy.

·
Banned
551 Posts
whats a toll? :p

damn glad I don't have to deal with them. There is only one toll I know of around here and I just stay off that slab.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Hey Howie, I think all states give senior dicounts! ;D
thanks herb, now that i just spit coffee all over my keyboard, i have to clean it up....

;D

cheers!
steve

·
Registered
116 Posts
If you aren't already pissed at tolls, here's the civil engineering formula for road damage: D=V^2 * Wa^4. Pavement wear increases with the square of speed but the fourth power of axle weight. So a 4000-lb SUV is theoretically doing 10,000x the damage as a 400-lb bike! Logically, the highway authority should pay us for not driving!!!

Of course, the real difference is slightly lower, what with our smaller contact patches. And we certainly go faster than 4000-lb SUVs.
Rene Carlos

·
Registered
455 Posts
For whatever it's worth, I sent an email to the Golden Gate Bridge management encouraging them to offer reduced tolls to MCs. I wonder how long I'll have to wait for their auto-response.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts