Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried to order a 2004 calendar from the ducati store for 13.35 Euros.After registering,, credit card info, adress, etc. I came to the final confirmation page--- price 13.35, shipping 30.45 Euros !! Holy sh^t ! Needless to say, I cancelled the order. :)

·
Premium Member
862 Posts
That's crazy... I can't imagine it costing THAT much to ship a calendar...

I just ordered something little from the UK (to California) for 12 Pound Sterling.. the shipping was like 4 or 5 Pounds more... it came in standard airmail.

·
Premium Member
3,095 Posts
Shipping charges sometimes don't make sense.
I just bought a car charger for my cell phone for $0.95 off Ebay. Then they charge me $6.95 for shipping. ok...
Then yesterday I sent an 8 lb package to Rome Italy through USPS and only cost $32. Go figure.
Silly people ;D

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
better yet, buy it from a shop... I think I saw them at Ducati Marin :)

·
Premium Member
1,488 Posts
The Ducati.com eStore sucks, anything else in better...

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
I don't understand why they don't sell very much stuff there. I would think that they would sell everything that is in the DP catalogs. Does anybody know the reason for this?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I had the same problem for a t-shirt (14euro) they ask 21euros for shipping from Italy to Belgium; when I paid last week 14euros shipping from US to Belgium for a 'battery mat".Probably they don't want to sell through Internet in order to support the sales of the local ducati stores or they bring the order on foot :)

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
I don't understand why they don't sell very much stuff there. I would think that they would sell everything that is in the DP catalogs. Does anybody know the reason for this?
they don't sell the DP stuff online b/c most of it isn't even in stock.

·
Premium Member
3,677 Posts
The Ducati.com eStore sucks, anything else in better...
wait, let me help you...

... Ducati.com ... sucks...
i'd like to point out that ducati.com/racing does not suck, but the other non-bike areas of ducati.com are pretty stinky. zina works for ducati.com/racing. her and her boss are incredibly devoted to their jobs and work A LOT. the other departments are more ... ummm ... laid back. part of the problem is that few folks there are motorcycle or ducati enthusiasts.

i will say that i'm amazed at some of what they do manage to pull off considering their staff. the stuff that chaps my ass are things like the former monthly "tech quiz" that saw semiannual updates.

the bike pages are pretty dang good, though...

:) chris

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
I think the DP stuff from Italy is shipped via DHL and arrives like the next day or so....
it arrives in a timely manner if they actually have it in stock. some parts they probably don't have sitting around, esp. if it's not a popular item.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts