Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
I think the prices look fair so long as the dealers do not get too insane with the mark-ups. The styling and performance are on par with other european product in this price range. They are actually less expensive than I had anticipated.

This should also bring a new crowd to Ducati and bring back some older riders as well.

I think there is a Sport 1000 with my name on it.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
man...I REALLY like that SPORT 1000. Would owning one of those AND a Monster be dumb?

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
I was just over at Ducati Marin inquiring about them :) Hee Hee

·
Registered
600 Posts
man...I REALLY like that SPORT 1000. Would owning one of those AND a Monster be dumb?
I would love to own both the Monster and the Sport 1000, but I'm thinking the same thing. My Monster even has the same engine! But March 2006 is so far away, it's kind of pointless worrying about it now.

What makes me wonder is how Ducati is preparing to deliver two product lines that have similar target customers. I'm guessing, unless the Classics are a limited run, the Monsters are going to take a hit.

I was just over at Ducati Marin inquiring about them :) Hee Hee
Any news you can share with us?

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
I would but, then I would have to kill you ;D Nothing really basically what you heard here. This does propose a problem for me, as I had decided to put down money on a new bike.
Can I wait? Should I wait? Could our garage stand to have to limited edition bikes? I have to drink on it :)

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
I just see the sport 1000 filling the same roll for me as my Monster does. Even though I ride a M750 I'm not really talking about HP v.s. the 1000.

On any given Sunday, WHY would I ride the SPORT over my M? It "seems" that I would ride the SPORT around town, stop and go, to the coffee shop or something. WHile I would take my M out in the canyons.

That being said, I dont enjoy riding around town at all, so I guess the SPORT would just sit and rust? haha. Damn I love the look though...if you aren't RICH is it dumb to own a 10K+ motorcycle "just because" ??

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
I have 2 friends that have the Mike Hailwood bike, they do not for a minute regret buying them. They were expensive when they came out as well. But, it is a nice feeling to have something that not everyone on the block will have. :)

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
ROTFLMAO ;D

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
All I want to know is if I buy one, do I get a rear stand that says, Sport Classic on it? When I went over to pick up the Fila's stand today it says 999 Ducati Proformance.

V

·
0 Posts
the're comming out in 2005 and 2006. damn. i cant wait that long. i wonder if the're planning on updating the monster by then...... or maybe replacing it with the classics?? hmmm.....

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Alley, you have the Fila and now you're getting a Sport Classic?! Listen, you got a man in your life? Let me email you a photo, I'm not too bad on the eyes and I'm handy with a hammer... ;)

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Incidentally, does anyone have any of the pics that were posted on Ducati's site? I seem to recall you could download pics of each bike at one point. It was from the Tokyo Bike Show scoop I think. I'm really looking for the Sport 1000 pics.

·
Registered
259 Posts
what is duc asking for as a downpayment? I have an email into my local but no response yet.

I have to go against the trend....I want a GT1000 (which will replace my M620 in 3 years). Gives me a reason not to sell or buy a new bike until then.

S

·
0 Posts
Finally they made it, at last something good looking from the present Ducati design team. These are real Ducatis like the Monster and the 916. Although this design has been around for 40 years, they did well this time. It gives me high hopes for the next generation SS. I need a bike that can take me through Germany in 7 hrs. Not to replace my Monster, of course, but as a second bike. Let us hope they get on the market before the Japanese copies are there.

Slim

A

·
0 Posts
Geez, I must be the only guy in the world who isn't in love with these bikes. They might be a brilliant marketing move by Ducati, but I think they are knock-offs. I much prefer the innovative styling of the superbike and the Multistrada over these strolls down memory lane. I can imagine us drooling over Ducati's updated copy of the Monster scheduled for release in about 35 years.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
I just went by my local shop and asked about the "waiting list" they said that the more you put as a deposit the higher on the list you get.

Does that sound nice?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts