Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

i know the most prefered solution for rear shoch is an unit from 999, but are there some other options from Ducati range?

What about s4r full showa shock, Hypermotard unit or from 1098 or 848? Have anybody experience?

Thanks!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Yes, I ran a shock from the 1000DS Multistrada for about a year. It wasn't a terrible setup and was definitely better than the stock shock (it has rebound and compression adjustments). It still wasn't as good as I wanted so I eventually went to a basic Ohlins shock.

In order to install it, I did the breather box delete and had to bend down the bracket for the ignitor. It also has a remote preload reservoir so you'll have to find a way to mount that or be lazy like me and just zip tie it to the frame. The overall shock length is a little shorter than the OEM shock so I also had to adjust the ride height rod to raise the rear.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I ran a shock from the 1000DS Multistrada for about a year. It wasn't a terrible setup and was definitely better than the stock shock (it has rebound and compression adjustments). It still wasn't as good as I wanted so I eventually went to a basic Ohlins shock.

In order to install it, I did the breather box delete and had to bend down the bracket for the ignitor. It also has a remote preload reservoir so you'll have to find a way to mount that or be lazy like me and just zip tie it to the frame. The overall shock length is a little shorter than the OEM shock so I also had to adjust the ride height rod to raise the rear.
Nice. I made a lot of research, and dont want to delete breather box etc, so i found the ST4/s shock for the best solution, but i´m not sure about the pros of this shock, so at this time, i'll try renew old Sachs shock with new spring for my weight, maybe make it little harder on compression, renew front fork and correct set up the sag. After that, i will see what next. If it is not be fine, i´ll probably buy some new shock (Nitron, Wilbers etc...), or will be looking for good price ST4s Ohlins.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
A while back I checked ebay and there was a ton of used shocks at reasonable prices.
Probably not many Ducati shocks but many that might fit. If you find something you like, you can probably ask the seller for dimensions.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So I made progress. Bought a S4R shock and instaled it with a small rocknroll with cuting. Now I'm measuring SAG and looking for a different valves (Racetech) and the same mode for the front (different valves and springs)... S4R shock is better, little bit harder and had a stiffer spring, will se after rebuild and restore, but it looks for good value for the money

535172_7d90d956c199f084baad6638d4853f98.jpg

1 - 5 of 5 Posts