Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Starting a thread on modding my S4R. I just picked her up new and she will undergo some mods over the next few months. She is Titanium coloured, with black wheels and a red frame. I will use this page to chronicle the mods that will go on and the experiences that result.

To start, here are some billet bling I just received in the post.

1) MPL Slipper Clutch ECO1.
2) MPL Clutch Pump.

I bought some billet parts from MPL. I have bought parts from them before and used them on my previous monster. They are excellent in terms of communication and shipping. The parts seem well made and I hope the install will prove that they are also reliable and work well. More impression on that later, when I do the install.

Also in the near future is a full Akrapovic EVO exhaust system.

The exhaust is in backorder and I hope to get it shipped to me in July.

The Fatduc closeloop "cheat" will also be added and possibly a PC3 or a DP ECU. I am still evaluating the options. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
10 Posts
The Fatduc closeloop "cheat" will also be added and possibly a PC3 or a DP ECU. I am still evaluating the options. Any suggestions?

I installed a Nemesis ECU on my S4R, I`m now running maps from silverback performance. Good stuff!

I also have a full Arrow exhaust, open air filter & 14T front sprocket.

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will need to experiment with my tuning set up once the Akrapovic is installed. Akrapovic claims that no tuning is necessary since they are one of the only full systems that include the mount for the O2 sensor. I am hoping this is the case. Otherwise a PC3 + Fatduc or a DP ECU may have to be used. Unfortunately, there are no Nemesis dealers here in Malaysia.

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I recently wrote to Akrapovic. Here was my email and their response follows:

Based on what I have read on your site, I have ordered the above.

Akrapovic is compatible with the O2 sensor, where else Termi, Leo Vince and Arrow systems do not. My question is:

1) Do I need to use any other tuning techniques after I have installed the EVO system? Many forums I have read would say that a full exhaust system would mean that the bike will run too lean. Is this the case?

2) What tuning system would you recommend? I have the following options:

- Fatduc O2 manipulator + PowerCommander 3

- DP ECU (as supplied by Termignoni systems)

- Keep it stock.

I hope you can help me rest my fears.

Here is their response:

Dear Sir,

we designed all our system to use stock electronic set ups. There is no need to do any modifications on electronic set up. Of course with new mapping usually some extra power is added. We preferr power commander, but also with out any mapping you will not damage the engine.

Thank you for your question,

Best regards,
Akrapovič d.d.
R&D department

I guess we will all find out soon enough. Wish the darn pipe will arrive soon. :p

·
Premium Member
625 Posts
Been an awful long time since the last post. Would love to see the end result.

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
^+1000000000000000000000

1 - 6 of 6 Posts