Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased my second monster, a beautiful 2006 S2R 1000. 10k miles for an impassable price. As any responsible Ducati owner would do I have scheduled the 12k valve adjustment service. Meanwhile I have been busy trying to flush the near black clutch and brake fluids presiding in the bike. Previous owner did an alright job on the oil change bike ran rather well before my dismantlement. Minus some hard gear changes. Upon taking the clutch apart it looks rather worn but usable. Reassembled and now the bike runs as before. Clutch has no air in it, checked slave cyl. Things are working good. The moment I put the bike in gear it throws the last plate out of place! Or stalls. Looking for opinion/ advice. The internet has given me hints and suggestions to get me this far. Hoping to avoid a rather costly clutch reassembly w the 1600$ 12k service and valve adjustment.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Loose clutch hub or wrong clutch pack order?
The big service should have A clutch inspection shouldn't it?

·
Registered
304 Posts
Check the clutch / friction plates with a micrometer. If the tolerance is off you will probably have noticed it by the loud clatter of the dry clutch anyways. I bought some replacement clutch friction plates from ducabike and the price was low and quality good.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts