1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
599 Posts
I can't help but laugh. We, as motorcyclists have this horrible reputation as being dangerous and reckless while riding. Every time I read a sad story like this, it's almost always a driver that was not paying attention, or just being reckless. Sadly, it seems these people always get off with light sentences, as if it were the motorcyclists fault. Had this been a car that had been hit, and the car driver killed, then it's taken more seriously. My condolences to this mans friends and families. Ride safe everyone.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Very Sad, My condolences to his family and friends.
Juan

·
Premium Member
752 Posts
it just goes to show you can be fully geared up and a competant rider and all of the sudden, smack! you never know whats coming around that blind curve. could be gravel, a downed branch, a japanees tourist. sane speeds in the hills folks. very sad :'(

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts
The last ride...........rest in peace "Chuck" :'(

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
That's horendous, and it really pisses me off.

Here in LA I see, on a daily basis, some IDIOT in a car that could totally hurt a motorcycle rider.

I've seen people stop on a freeway offramp. The most popular offense is when approacing a stoplight crossing all 3 or 4 lanes of traffic instantly to get in the turn lane, I know they wouldn't see a bike. It's also popular to turn right or left from a non turning lane. And if I see another person on a cell phone, trying to steer turn their car by spinning the wheel, then grabbing it again real fast before it goes back straight I'm going to go POSTAL.

GETTING PISSED

·
Premium Member
6,906 Posts
Yeah, this right side-left side thing is more dangerous than it seems. I almost got pasted stepping off the sidewalk at Heathrow (big time jet lag). And here in Marin some Irish woman creamed a bicyclist b/c she was on the wrong side.

Those countries driving on the right should just change over, and in return we could go to the metric system to show good faith.

·
Premium Member
283 Posts
That is really sad, and no matter how fu<ked up that student was, I'm sure he feels wretched too. Did anyone on this list know Henry?

B

·
0 Posts
Fellow motorcycle lovers, please keep this tragedy in the back of your mind when you go for a ride. There is no such thing as a "quick" ride on a motorcycle. I am a Fire Engineer with the Myrtle Beach FD and I am constantly seeing someone who got whacked while they were on a quick scoot to the store, gas station, etc. Please keep your mind on riding and always ride like some 4 wheeled devil has you in their sight's. Be careful, be defensive, and remember that the car will ALWAYS win. :)

·
Registered
524 Posts
I live about 5 miles from Skyline and ride up there constantly. In fact, that was the major decision point getting my Monster.

There's constant carnage up there as it's some of the best riding in the country (all twisties, redwoods, scenic, ocean nearby, etc. on and on). But there are tons of sportbikes and oodles of tourists.

Sh*t happens in circumstances like that. I'm not saying that it can't be prevented or anything; but you know that as numbers go up, so will bad things happening.

The more I ride up there the more it feels like a video game; except everyone and everything is trying to get *you* instead of the other way around. And you have no rail gun or offensive weapon--just good armor/gear and a good head to be prepared.

Every weekend this spring, there's been a nasty crash (or 2 or 3) and occasionally a death. It's spring out there...let's be careful folks. Don't let your guard down even for a second--even on roads you know like the back of your hand.

Rule: One thing you *always* know is you *never* know....

r.i.p. Chuck....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts