Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings,

I'm going to Italy this fall and am thinking about renting a bike for at least a couple days. We're staying in Rome/Florence the first week and in central (more-or-less) Tuscany the second week.

Has anybody dealt with moto rental first hand? Recommendations on a particular outfit? I've found a few places on the internet that offer rentals, but would love to have a first-hand recommendation.

Thanks!

Mark

G

·
I'm going to be in those same areas this fall and was kicking the idea around too... last time I was in rome I rented a scooter, that was nuts. A monster, or any other bike for that matter, would be a blast to tour around on for a day or two.

Anyone have suggestions?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Same with France. Good thing is though...you expect it, and cagers are more bike-wary. Not to mention, it's easier to see bikers over their tiny cars ;)

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My brother and dad went on a moto tour for 5 days, and one of the days was in Italy - they didn't say it was bad, although I have heard horror stories. One of the dudes on the STx list got whomped between an oncoming car and a guardrail or some such thing - eventually had to be airlifted if I remember correctly. Of course, that can happen here, too.

So - come on - surely somebody on the list has rented in Italy and has a source?!?

Mark

G

·
I am visiting my Italian friend in 2 months (it can't come fast enough ;D). He wanted to rent me a Monster to ride as well. He checked into it. No good! They don't rent Ducs and if they do, it's VERY expensive. You can get a scooter or a Buell to ride though. Not too expensive.

If you want a pic of you on a Duc for memories, jump on one at a Cafe and snap a pic. There you go! ;)

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Jeff - which outfit did you use? I found both of those while doing searches. We're approximately 6 months out, so we probably should be nailing down our rentals. The good news is that it's getting towards off-season when we'll be there so hopefully we'll have a bit more flexibility on bike selection...

Mark

1 - 9 of 9 Posts