9,761 Posts
gotta love "the worm".

·
Premium Member
9,761 Posts
enzo said:
It'll be great to see a 749 in the AMA!
...again.

there have been 749's in FX for a few years now.

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
... and they're gonna be 850s, not 749s this year. I still doubt that they will come near the podium, but at least they'll get time on speed since Larry always seems to have a camera mounted on his bike.

·
Premium Member
9,761 Posts

·
Registered
6,266 Posts

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
There's a big difference between having a factory team and having a team with the backing of Ducati North America. It'll be nice to see the 749 have some chance at being competitive, but they've not had much luck in World Supersport so they're going to have an uphill battle.

As to whether they're going to be 749's or 850's, does anyone have a link to the '07 Formula Xtreme rules revisions? I looked on the AMA site but couldn't find it. I know they allowed air cooled twins 1300cc's but had not heard anything about an increase in liquid cooled twin cylinder displacement.

·
Premium Member
778 Posts
http://www.amasuperbike.com/article.php?&sc=1120&aid=8478&UID=4g3prpCrChiQFcTZrdyGoVET83ypfT

• 650cc-850cc 4-stroke liquid-cooled 4-valve twin cylinders

• 990cc-1100cc 4-stroke air/oil-cooled 2-valve desmo twin cylinders - M1000?

These rule changes also allow for the Triumph 675. Although it will be tough for the Trump or the 749 to beat out the Japanese bikes, it will be nice to see them break up the monotony.

ducman851 said:
+1 [thumbsup]

·
Registered
98 Posts
Larry Pegram racing.... [thumbsup] not bad.
I've seen him have more success on Ducati than other bikes, good luck Larry [clap].
Maybe FX with some Corse backing (50%) might not be half bad.
I can't wait. [thumbsup]

1 - 16 of 16 Posts