Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'm pretty sure that the part is not universal for the 916 style and the m900, so in that case it was misinformation and the part should be taken back. Call your local shop to confirm. If not you could relist the item and probably make a few more $$ and buy the one you need. Sorry to hear about the problem I know it sucks to wait for a tasty part get in to install and it all goes horribly wrong. Good luck

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hunt for some spacers, I see that some come with. The seller helped me out looking for them so I don't mean to bad mouth him(fellow ducati owner), just thinking that he had the wrong part and did not know it. I am just pissed because this is the second part that I got that did not just go on like it is suppose to.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I tried the brass spacers in the gasget, not quite enough. I figured if I lay it down that will be the least of my worries. I see that CycleCat? I saw it at motowheels websit? makes a pressure plate that the protects the springs etc in the event of a tip over. I was going on a theme of only using ducati perf. parts. so I don't know. :-/

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
actually an easy laydown will imobilize your ride... my first low speed wreck totalled the clutch with the dp nonvented carbon fiber cover (shattered on impact). my last low speed wreck the stock cover held up (dented and scuffed). even though i smashed myself up the bike was rideable with very little cash/labor. so the difference between the two covers was a $100 replacement cover instead of that plus a $300 clutch hub w/springs (just for parts) and the four month wait for the slow boat from italy to arrive after their month long party that is the august vacation. you do what makes you happy though.

yeah i like that cyclecat pressure plate a lot. i'm thinking that would go real good with a nichols clutch basket. i want, i want, i want.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts