Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all.
I came across this, a Ducati racing clutch basket antihopping.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/DUCATI-RACING...mQQptZUK_Motorcycle_Parts?hash=item2a01badf0c

Have I lost something in the translation?
I'm not sure what they mean by, antihopping.
To me it means a slipper clutch for some type.
It does not look like it is one to me.

Has anyone got one and what are they like?
Better clutch action, more power or quicker acceleration? (because it is lighter)
Does it quite down the rattle?
Is the band there just for strength or does it do more?

·
Premium Member
312 Posts
the hopp is like a slipper clutch just makes sure your less likely to lock up the rear end on hard down shifts.. i got a set from motowheels thats done the job pretty well but i like to get the back end out a bit for fun. but the feel is much more stable on decel. not any noticible accel or power. if you want it quieter you get the special plates that quiet it down like 5 to 7 decibles. and the last one you got me.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that.
Not to sure how the anti-hop will work as it has one more parts than a standard one.
It is lighter so should help with acceleration.
The basket made with different basket material may also help with noise and the band should give strength and may help stop the tags vibrating and keep the noise down a bit.

Not sure if it is what I want so may just look at buying a 48 tooth basket and plates.

·
Premium Member
6,957 Posts
That part is just a basket...a slipper clutch has a lot more parts to make it work
get a new mated set of alum plates and basket, and you'll good to go.
lighter and quieter

jeff h
monsterparts.com

1 - 4 of 4 Posts