Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone on here installed a pair of the Ducati Performance Teardrop Mirrors? I've had a set for a couple months, but haven't put them on yet. I may be acting really dumb, but for the life of me I can't figure out how they go on.

The little recepticle for the mirror stalks screws in fine. But when I slide the mirror stalks in place, I can't figure out how to tighten them down. They just seems to spin around freely. Something has to be wrong here. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
-Jordan

·
Registered
269 Posts
Re: Ducati Performance Teardrop Mirror Installatio

I had teardrops on a while ago before I went to Thirdeyes. If I remember, there is a collet( kind of a rounded tapered thing with 2 wrench flats on it) that tightens down like a Dremel tool. Sorry for the crappy descriptions , but its been a while.

S

·
0 Posts

hey, if you can;t figure it out, or want to sell them to me, let me know !!! hehehehe I want some !!

These are the new SR4 mirrors right ?

·
Premium Member
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Hey S4, selling them may be an option. They are different than the S4R mirrors though. The Ducati Performance Teardrop mirrors have a sleeker profile and are not adjustable once installed. I'd post a pic, but for some reason the eStore on ducati.com is asking for a password, so I can't access it...

·
Premium Member
103 Posts

MarkIV is right. You screw the base of the mirror into the threaded hole (right side is reverse threaded), and then tighten it down with the tapered collar. The collar has two flat sides opposite to one another, and you can use a (16mm?) open end wrench to grip those flat sides to tighten the collar. (See picture. Arrow points to one of the flat sides.) Protect the collar where you grip with the wrench with some electrical tape, the finish scratches easily. If you don't tighten it too much, you can adjust the mirror stalk some by hand. Also, the mirror housing itself is plastic, and easily cracked. It rotates on the stalk some, so by adjusting the stalk where it attaches to the brake/clutch reservoir assembly and then rotating the mirror on the stalk, you can get a pretty good view of your elbows--and other more important objects.

·
Premium Member
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Thanks for the input guys, I may have to try and put these on tonight after work...

S

·
0 Posts

hey jordan, I am in the San Fran area as well, pleasanton. Let me know if you don;t want them. Or if I can have your stock S4R mirrors :)

·
Premium Member
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

S4_newbie,

If I do decide to sell the Ducati Performance mirrors you have first dibs. I'm still about 50/50 on them, I like the shape a lot, but would have prefered a silver or raw metal color. If I like the way they look installed I may have them painted, we'll see...

V

·
0 Posts

It took me two days and three tries to get mine on. At first I didn't notice that you need to screw the top part down (black part), after you have base all the way screwed in.

I would advise against selling them, they look SO much better than the stock mirrors and I like em better than bar end mirrors.

·
Registered
269 Posts

Yo S4_Newbie, I have a pair of DP Teardrops That I am willing to part with. IM me an offer.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts