Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
saw a nice looking seat on a 900 monster the other day.the color was a cross between black and grey and think it was a synthetic material. talked to the owner and she let me sit on it.WOW... talk about being comfortable ::) she said it was lower than stock and helped her with putting her feet down .she also said it had a gel insert.got to say when i do get my duc it will be one of the 1st mods. Not sure of the price but man it was nice :eek:

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
Rick Mayer makes the best seats I've seen so far... They're sooooo comfortable... I plan on buying one before the end of the year..

·
Premium Member
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
829 Posts
The picture of the DP seat on my Monster accessory catalog looks a lot like the Sargent. Same tube, clips, looks. Anybody knows if Sargent is the OEM?

W

·
0 Posts
I think I know the one that you are talking about. It is a Ducati Performance seat. It has carbon fiber on the back and it is a solo seat. It really accentuates the lines of the frame and makes the tail section look SO MUCH BETTER!!!!

It is crazy that they don't have it on the Ducati site.

This will be the first mod that I make to my Monster......now I just need to get the Monster!! :)

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
I think I know the one that you are talking about. It is a Ducati Performance seat. It has carbon fiber on the back and it is a solo seat. It really accentuates the lines of the frame and makes the tail section look SO MUCH BETTER!!!!

It is crazy that they don't have it on the Ducati site.

This will be the first mod that I make to my Monster......now I just need to get the Monster!! :)
I think there are two different seats being discussed here. The seat with the carbon fiber on the back is a solo seat and can be found here http://www.kc-international.com/soltailguar.html for $620. If you want side panels, you would need to buy them as well for $195 http://www.kc-international.com/setofsidpanf.html.

The seat this post was originally about is similar to the stock seat. I read somewhere that it was very comfortable, but cost more than a Corbin or Sargent, which the seat may be made by Sargent anyway.

T

·
0 Posts
Didn't the group decide a while back that the KC Int'l. seat has some fitment problems, especially right where the seat meets up with the tank?

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Didn't the group decide a while back that the KC Int'l. seat has some fitment problems, especially right where the seat meets up with the tank?
Yeah, someone posted a pic. I've also seen the Corbin and Sargent seats not fit right as well. There are pictures of that floating around as well.

W

·
0 Posts
The magicalswitch found the seat I was talking about. THANK YOU!!!

It looks awesome on the bike. In the catalog it is a red Monster and it has carbon pretty much everywhere. The only thing that is still red it the tank. I'm thinking of setting mine up that way.

This particular seat with the smaller side panels looks killer in my opinion. I wish there was a picture of it all together. Thanks for posting the links!!

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
If you look in the FAQ section, it tells how to post pictures. Or if you want you can email them to me and I'll post them. - [email protected]

A few pics from different angles would be nice. Also have you had any fitting problems where the seat meets the tank?

S

·
0 Posts
I can not post pics to - [email protected]
about DP seat .
A few pics from different angles would be nice. Also have you had any fitting problems where the seat meets the tank?[/quote]

1 - 16 of 16 Posts