Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hoping one of you guys have fixed this:. Bought the Ducati LEDs and installed them on the front signals. The left blinker doesn't work - thought it was faulty, so I plugged the same indicator on the right - it works. I plugged the other new indicator on the left and that didn't work. I plugged the old bulb indicator and it works. Read on other threads that it was a polarity issue and they "swapped" the polarity. But the threads didn't show how they swapped them. Has someone done this? I'm looking for a solution where I don't have to cut any existing wiring if possible.

·
Registered
27 Posts
it could very well be polarity. I have no experience changing my signals on the 797, but ran into this problem in one of my autos. I simply pulled the bulb, rotated the connections 180 degrees, plugged it back in and it worked fine. If rotating the bulb doesn't work for you - you may need to swap the connectors in the stalk and re-insert the bulb. Hope this helps you out.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Luca! I'll give this a try this weekend.

it could very well be polarity. I have no experience changing my signals on the 797, but ran into this problem in one of my autos. I simply pulled the bulb, rotated the connections 180 degrees, plugged it back in and it worked fine. If rotating the bulb doesn't work for you - you may need to swap the connectors in the stalk and re-insert the bulb. Hope this helps you out.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Thanks Luca! I'll give this a try this weekend.
you could cut the leads on the indicators and swap them, if you don't want to cut the factory wiring loom. you could also try popping the leads out of the plastic connector and swapping them around, though i don't remember what they look like.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts