Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
hey folks - im new to the monster.org board... i am thinking about picking up a set of ducati performance carbon pipes for my '94 monster... i currently have worn out (long story) d & d slip-ons... i understand the dc performance pipes are double baffled to meet noise standards - which is ok, but are they ALOT quieter than the d&d's? as quiet as the stock cans? any other info on these pipes would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
463 Posts
IMO, D&D pipes have a louder and "rougher" sound than the DP pipes. they're definitely not as quiet as stock but it's a clean bass sounding rumble. i like 'em lots.

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
cool. right on. i think ill pick 'em up ... my d & d's are a little loud for some neighborhoods - especially since they are getting old - and my ride is need of a tune (running rich) ... but they do sound impressive.

thanks for your feedback.

if anyone else has any bad experiences or advice on these ... please let me know.

·
Registered
366 Posts
You can spend a lot less money. Check out Arrow or Sil Motor for starters. Some folks like Remus as well.

if anyone else has any bad experiences or advice on these ... please let me know.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Hey Spk5683, where were you thinking of getting the DP pipes? My dealer says DP pipes for my M800 are N/A.

G

·
Discussion Starter #6
actually i have a bead on a set of used ones - cheap ... they sound like an ok way to go - though ill miss the noisy d&d's every now and then.

thanks folks.

·
Registered
829 Posts
I know what you mean. I live around folks that have a cow about dogs, kids, and everything that is fun and wonderful about being alive in this great country. I used to be able to have my daughter ride down the street in her soapbox derby racecar. Would you believe they had speed bumps installed?

Good luck with your monster. Remember to check the glass packing, The CF epoxy does not like high temperatures and if the packing is blown away, you may end up with a hot spot.

Regards,

R.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts