Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any english speaking Ducati owners in Saigon on here?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello Mik, I lived in Vietnam for 8 years, the last 3 in Saigon.
I now live in Phnom Penh.
Are you looking for "kindred souls" with 795's?

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not really looking for "kindred souls" as there's plenty of Duc owners in Saigon. I was interested in asking owners where to buy their parts but I've worked that out on my own.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Mik.

I have just bought a 2015 registered 795. I am interested to change to 14T/41T Driven Sprockets. Does this combi really help with the low speed riding in HCMC? Where did you get your 14T/41T sprockets? I am also interested in changing to a Ducabike Clear Clutch cover + Pressure Plate and spring retainer. Any problem with this install? Where did you get the cover?

One last mod that I am interested in is to change my console to a Koso RX2. Your advice or thoughts on this mod? I have tried to google if there are any issues in not retaining the original console. But could not find anything on the web.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

Norm

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hey mate, I shot u a PM but anyway here's the jist of it for those playing at home.
The 14/41t swap is fantastic, especially with an exhaust :) I am able to keep the RPM over 3k and even 4k at times, where its nice to ride. Do the sprocket swap as its really beneficial in high traffic like what we ride in. The rear swap is upto you if you want. The sprockets are a 525, I also got a new gold DID chain to go with it. Got the lot installed at Mr Dang Khoa Motivation in Binh Thanh near Go Vap and about 10min's from the airport.

The clear clutch cover is fantastic. Very nice bit of eye candy. Make sure to get the pressure plate and clutch spring retainers in whatever colors you want (black, red, gold) Hardest decision is what color to get the cover. I got the aluminium with red outer ring, gold pp and red spring retainers. This is a simple DIY swap, Just have to pop out a bearing from the factory pressure plate and seat it in the new one, If you have done a few km's then you can order a new bearing and use that. There's some for sale via a forum sponsor so maybe look into that, Also on facebook there's a member selling theirs, Not sure if its new or used.

The Koso clusters are sexy mate, However because of the inbuilt security features the key/ecu/instrument cluster are all 1 unit and failure in 1 will result in a bike that has to get started via a workaround.

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
I don't mean to hijack this thread, but i'd like to ask something.

Is it possible to rent ducatis in Vietnam? Heading there on a vacation in a about a month. Will be going around Da Nang, Hue, and Hoi An for about a week or thereabouts. I'm definitely going to rent a bike, would like if it were a ducati, is all.

Would appreciate any information. Please PM me with any information you might have. I do not want to annoy the OP with responses other than what he might be looking for.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There are no big bike rentals in VN, Unless you know someone who has a spare bike, Then there is the licensing problem. Until recently the big bike lic was very restrictive and only available to military, police, govt workers and the elite class. Now there is talk of accepting international lic but a lic from a ASEAN country is supposed to be accepted (though its upto the ignorance or discresion of the cop) The roads are dangerous, trucks, busses have regular crashes and motobikes get involved and generally they lose.
If you want to do a ride get what the locals ride, VN is still a very under developed country once you get out of the city and hit back roads, You want a bike that the "mechanics" can fix. Perhaps PM Ducavina or Ducavina can add his opinion.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts