Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning on getting there by around 2 PM. Anyone else make it. I think it starts at 10 and ends at 4 PM

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
We have a Columbia contingent planning on going. A BMW, HD and Monster so far. If my wife wants the Monster, I'll be on the HD.

Doc

G

·
I'll see what I can do. I have to head to Myers in Asheville. Kind of slack, but I am just now going to pick up a helmet and jacket.

·
Premium Member
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
And a good time was had. It was about 80 degrees and sunny

Doc, nice to meet you and the wife. Since I bought my Monster last July, they are the first Monster owners I've actually met in person.

I also met a guy name Wes from Hickory, NC. He had a very tricked out S4.

We all got to ride some new Triumph's. I rode the Speed 4. Nice bike, but fugly as heck and no torque. Did see a buck twenty with it trying to catch the test ride lead group. Very stable. I wanted to ride the S4R, but the list was full by the time I got there :( (I was late, had a 45 mile bicycle ride in the early AM).

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Crud. I wish I had read this yesterday... :(

I bought my monster from Myers in Asheville, but I get it serviced here locally by barnett's in raleigh.

Dangit this could have been that excuse I was looking for to go hit the blueridge.

I swear it was ducati week this last week here in Raleigh. I met up with 1 guy who just bought a 97 monster on i-40, then met a guy with a 749, then a multistrada, then a 996.. seems they were all out in force recently.

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
And a good time was had. Doc, nice to meet you and the wife. Since I bought my Monster last July, they are the first Monster owners I've actually met in person.
Good meeting you too.

We had a good time also. Ride, look at bikes, pizza, sunshine, pizza, accessories, pizza, meet some monster owners, demo rides, then more riding. We had theater tickets in Greenville before we found out about the open house. I had to put saddlebags on for cold weather gear and dress clothes to change into. Had a 2 hour ride from Charlotte. After the show we had a 100 mile ride home. We rode about 350 miles (+ demos) and got home around 1 am. A good day.

I got there hours before da Fink and we got shut out of the S4R ride also. I did get to ride a new Speed Triple and standard Bonneville. The Bonnie is a "nice" bike. Not necessarily a compliment. Comfortible, smooth enough, nice ride, but underpowered. Full throttle, wound to near redline in each gear and I could not keep up with Redline on the Triple. The Bonnie may be my new recommendation to newbies learning to ride. Very unintimidating & east to ride. No real drama and it has enough style to not have to apologize about it being just a first bike. The Speed triple was really fun. Very fast and smooth. Doing 110 in 3rd and accelerating when the lead rider chopped the throttle in front of me. Good brakes too. It is still too ugly to actually own.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts