Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to get this off my chest here. I'm about to (maybe, maybe not) import my Monster into Canada, and I'll need a Recall Clearance Letter in order to register the bike.

Ducati wants $500 for a one paragraph letter, signed by some schmuck, that simply states there are no outstanding recalls on the bike.

F*** You Ducati N.A. Inc.
F*** You all to hell. Your engineers design great bikes, but your execs and bean-counters are going to drive all your customers away. This is the most ludicrous thing I've ever heard of in my life.

If anyone else has experience with this and can tell me where the money goes, do tell, because the poor bastard at Ducati Customer Service I spoke to can't make sense of it either.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Company Policy

Because apparently it's a policy put in place by Ducati, to whom the stealerships have to answer to.

·
Premium Member
503 Posts
It's just to discourage the importation of bikes from the U.S. into Canada, where the bikes are marked up ridiculously high. I've had to get similar letters in the past to import vehicles into the U.S., and the car manufacturers never charged a dime.

My advice is to just get a hold of their letterhead, and just forge the letter yourself. The customs people NEVER check any of that stuff. I promise you.

·
Premium Member
451 Posts
Many car makers are doing the same thing, in fact $500 is becoming the low end of the scale for this letter...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thats why you should let the car company's go broke when they make bad decisions and products.

When a company goes broke, everyone who loses there job, doesn't instantly die. The good people can start another company and not carry the albatross around their neck. Find a Dealer that wont charge that much. Im sure they are out there. Or when the dealer begs you to lie and put all #10 on the survey, charge him for it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts