Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bike sat for 10 months because i lost they keys. I had the immobilizer disabled, replaced battery, new spark plugs, fuel pump works, fuses look good, fresh fuel. Bike cranks as if it wants to start and pops a few times as if its about to start but isnt starting. When it pops, smoke comes out of exhause port. "Code" light blinks twice and on the 3rd blink it stays lit. Idk what that means. I have no idea what else to do. Please help.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
4 Posts
Would the bike still crank and pop if the immobilizer wasn't disabled?
I've heard that for some that it does, although not usually with two flashes. How was the immobilizer disabled? Did you have your ECU flashed or replace it with an aftermarket ECU? With that said I haven't had my immobilizer disabled so that could be normal for all I know. Did you test for fuel, spark, and compression? Check all the fuses and relays?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've heard that for some that it does, although not usually with two flashes. How was the immobilizer disabled? Did you have your ECU flashed or replace it with an aftermarket ECU? With that said I haven't had my immobilizer disabled so that could be normal for all I know. Did you test for fuel, spark, and compression? Check all the fuses and relays?
The bike ran perfect before i lost the keys. ECU was reflashed by Rexxer. Fuses look good, new spark plugs, don't know how to check spark, i dont know how to check the relays.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The bike ran perfect before i lost the keys. ECU was reflashed by Rexxer. Fuses look good, new spark plugs, don't know how to check spark, i dont know how to check the relays.
Checking for spark and checking the relays is pretty easy to do on your own. I would tell you how but there are definitely youtube videos that can explain it far better than me. FortNine made a good video on the basic troubleshooting I would recommend [1], at least for spark and compression. If you check all the usual stuff that could go wrong (fuel, spark, compression) and it all seems good I would give Rexxer a call or shoot them an email and see what they think. I suspect there's an issue with your flash but I'm really not experienced with that so hopefully, someone who is responds as well.

[1]

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hey guys just went out to get on my 2013 1100 evo and it fires right up but wont idle. I fire it up at least three more times before it flashes the 0008rsw code resets then fires up and idles fine. Does anyone have any idea what this is? Please send help. I havent done anything to the bike at all. It is bone stock.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts