Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought my first Ducati Monster 2007 S2R 800 with only 1200 miles, I have been involved in the basic maintenance of the motorcycle because as you can see, it has not had much time on the streets. Proud to be part of this family, he left you some photos.
I understand that there are many versions of the Monster of these years, could someone tell me what are the differences of the S2R version with the others ..?
Also if you have some recommendations on the specific care for this model, I would be very grateful.

Regards

·
Registered
226 Posts
Welcome. Nice. Nice bike. Like new with that low of miles. I'd just make sure your belts are up to date.

·
Registered
189 Posts
s2r800 . wet clutch. coffin style brakes. front suspension cannot be adjusted single spark plug per cylinder
s2r800 dark. same as s2r800 except no bikini or seat cowl and different handlebars.
s2r1000 . dry clutch. peecup reservoirs. front suspension can be adjusted. dual spark plug per cylinder
s4r. . dry clutch 4 valve. bigger. faster. better everywhere. fully adjustable. liquid cooled.
s4rS. . dry clutch and the very best of parts

all three bikes share the same single sided swingarm. same seats, same bars, same plastic bits, same tanks.
the 1000 and 800 share the same trellis. the s4r frame is wider
the s2r1000 cylinder is longer so different belts and belt covers

monsters cover about 30 years now so lots of differences. the S was followed by the M . some are singlesided some are not but the single sided swingarms are a different design.

·
Registered
393 Posts
to add to the above info:
S2R800 - brembo 2 piston 2 pad axial mounted calipers, 300mm rotors
S2R1000 - Brembo 4 piston 2 pad axial mounted calipers, also known as gold lines, 320mm rotors, Showa adjustable forks, Sachs rear shock
S4R (996) - Brembo 4 piston 2 pad axial mounted calipers, also known as gold lines, 320mm rotors, Showa adjustable forks, adjustable rear shock (Showa IIRC)
S4RT (998) - Brembo 4 Piston 4 pad Radial mounted calipers, radial masters, 320mm rotors, Showa fully adjustable suspension front and back
S4RS (998) - Brembo 4 Piston 4 pad Radial mounted calipers, radial masters, 320mm rotors,Ohlins fully adjustable suspension front and back

1 - 4 of 4 Posts