Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

Ducati Monster S2R 800 First Ride & Review! A Classic Italian Monster!

3K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  siroadrunner 
#1 ·
This is my first ride and review of my 2006 Ducati Monster S2R 800. I have had the motorcycle for 6 months now so I feel like I am pretty settled with it after some modifications to give a true assessment for the motorcycle.

This is a classic Ducati monster with the iconic frame-on body design with the single-sided swingarm. I give you my initial thoughts on the exterior styling, how it handles street riding and an overview of its performance. With over 77 horsepower coming out of the V twin-engine, this naked sports bike has a lot of power for the street, with the agility to take turns into the corners with ease. They don't make motorcycles like this anymore, with little to no electronics, it is just a classic motorcycle riding experience with an Italian flavour that everyone would love.

#6 ·
I love my 2006 Monster Dark! As a matter of fact, superstorm sandy took my first one, and I hunted up another one, and coincidence, it was 16 numbers apart in production. A warning, though,...electronics are sensitive, i blew out the computer and dash while charging the battery, and the in tank fuel wiring goes bad frequently..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.