Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On page 63 of the ducati monster 821 2020 model year manual it states : “Never use the front brake control harshly or suddenly as you may cause rear wheel lift-up and lose control of the motorcycle (if the ABS is enabled).” Does this mean that abrupt heavy braking with abs will still cause read wheel lift up ? I endoed my bike on sport mode , rear wheel lifted up quickly under heavy / abrupt braking and crashed. Note , it states that rear wheel lift up detection is disabled on sport mode (which I later learned after crashing)

·
Registered
39 Posts
I can't speak to whether the DTC would then release the Brake to lower the rear wheel.
But I will say Squeeze with feeling instead of pulling.

Find a long straight road, that's empty and practise Braking from Speed to get more "feel" for what you and the bike are able to do together and build up slowly to HARD braking.

I hope you both, bike and rider, survived your crash unscathed.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Yes, grabbing a fist ful of front break can lift lift the back tire...sensing when your forks are at their bottom will go a long way maintaining stability...stay calm and carry on...don't forget to press record

1 - 3 of 3 Posts